Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
|Use time||30 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Shoots splitting arrows, deals more damage to airborne enemies|
- Internal Item ID: 3859
The Aerial Bane is a Hardmode, post-Golem bow which is dropped by Betsy during the Old One's Army event. It has the unique ability of splitting into 6 arrows every time the bow is fired. Additionally, it deals 50% bonus damage and causes additional projectiles to spawn when hitting any flying enemy, hence its name "Aerial Bane".
Each arrow fired drops off sharply, converting into a special kind of arrow that loses the special effects of the ammo (arrows converted can not be retrieved, naturally). The arrows will disappear in midair if they fall enough distance. However, upon hitting an enemy, each one splits again into five, angled downward in an approximately 90-degree spread, regardless of what angle they hit the enemy at.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The bow determines whether an enemy is airborne or not by checking if there is a solid block below the enemy. As such, if a "non-airborne" enemy has enough distance from a solid block, it can be considered airborne and the bow will deal extra damage.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is a good alternative to other powerful bows like the Pulse Bow, Tsunami, and Phantasm because of its unique ability.
- This bow should be angled somewhat upward to maximize range and DPS. It generally will not reach enemies off the screen.
- Using wings can help compensate for the bow's lack of range and sharp drop-off.
- The bow is incredibly powerful against Betsy herself, provided she is hit accurately. With the Unreal modifier and consistent aim, it can kill Betsy in less than a minute. The additional projectiles produced upon hitting Betsy can also easily decimate most of the Old One's ground forces.
- Since many bosses in the game are typically airborne, the bow is very efficient at killing them, notably Skeletron Prime, The Twins, and even the Moon Lord.
- The bow's airborne damage bonus and splitting arrows will trigger when hitting ground enemies walking on platforms that are above ground, so it's a suitable weapon to use during events when the player has arenas of multiple platforms.
- The split arrows can kill smaller Star Cells after killing the large Cell from the original shots, making this bow a good choice to use against Stardust Pillar.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.1096.2: Introduced.