|Use time||30 Average|
|Tooltip||Shoots splitting arrows, deals more damage to airborne enemies|
- Internal Item ID: 3859
Aerial Bane is a Hardmode post-Golem bow which is dropped by Betsy during the Old One's Army event. It has the unique ability of splitting into 6 arrows every time the bow is fired; additionally, it deals 50% bonus damage and causes additional projectiles to spawn when hitting any flying enemy hence its name "Aerial Bane".
Each arrow fired drops off sharply, converting into a special kind of arrow that loses the special effects of the ammo (arrows converted can not be retrieved, naturally). The arrows will disappear in midair if they fall enough distance, however, upon hitting an enemy, each one splits again into five, angled downward in an approximately 90 degree spread, regardless of what angle they hit the enemy at.
Its best possible Modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The bow determines whether an enemy is airborne or not by checking if there is a solid block below the enemy. As such, if a "non-airborne" enemy is enough a distance from a solid block, it can be considered airborne and the bow will deal extra damage.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is a good alternative to other powerful bows like the Pulse Bow, Tsunami, and Phantasm because of its unique ability.
- This bow should be angled somewhat upward to maximize range and DPS. It generally won't reach enemies off the screen.
- Using wings can help compensate for the bow's lack of range and sharp drop-off.
- The bow is incredibly powerful against Betsy herself, provided you can hit her accurately. With the Unreal Modifier and if you make all 6 arrows count, it can kill Betsy in less than a minute. The additional projectiles produced upon hitting Betsy can easily decimate most of the Old One's ground forces, allowing you to focus on Betsy.
- Since many bosses in the game are typically airborne, the bow is very efficient at killing them, notably Skeletron Prime, The Twins and even the Moon Lord.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.4: Introduced.