|Placeable||(3 wide × 3 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||33% chance to not consume potion crafting ingredients|
- Not to be confused with Alchemy Station.
The Alchemy Table is a post-Skeletron crafting station used to craft potions. It is found in the dungeon after Skeletron has been defeated. It works almost identically to Placed Bottles when crafting potions, except it has a chance of not consuming ingredients. It can be found randomly in the Dungeon, and in the Desktop version it can also be obtained by fishing in the Dungeon.
When a potion is crafted with the Alchemy Table, there is a 1/3 (33.33%) chance for each ingredient to not be consumed. There is a separate probability check for each of the ingredients used in making the potion, including each of those in a stack. This is effective for gaining more value out of alchemy ingredients, especially of those that are hard to obtain.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used to craft[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Alchemy Table counts as a valid flat surface item for NPC houses.
- On average, using the Alchemy Table for bulk production can produce up to about 50% more potions than a Placed Bottle with the same quantity of ingredients. However, this is very random, and if one ingredient is in short supply (e.g., Pearls for Luck Potions), the results will be dominated by how often that ingredient happens to not be consumed. Similarly, if two or more ingredients are in short supply, either (any) of them can run out "early" (not making their 1/3 chance as often) and limit production.
- Unlike the Alchemy Station, the Alchemy Table can be placed on any block rather than just flat furniture items.
- The Alchemy Table can be caught while fishing in the Dungeon.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As seen in its item ID, the Alchemy Table is the 3000th item added to the game.
- The Alchemy Table's sprite appears to depict a Lesser Restoration Potion.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Can now be obtained by fishing in the Dungeon.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.