|Knockback||2.8 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||25 Fast|
The Amarok is a Hardmode yoyo which has a chance to inflict the Frostburn debuff whenever it hits an enemy. It has a reach of 18 tiles, and its duration (time until it needs to be thrown out again) is 15 seconds. The Amarok has a 1/300 (0.33%) chance to drop from any enemy defeated in a Snow biome. It can also drop in a Corrupt/Crimsoned or Hallowed Snow biome.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase its average damage output by the same amount.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This is a weapon worth farming for. It can be acquired immediately upon entering Hardmode, helps defeating its tougher enemies, and is the strongest yoyo available prior to defeating a mechanical boss. If playing on Expert mode or Master mode, the player should have some extra money for reforging to Godly (each reforge costs between 5–
- A good synergy can be made with the Magma Stone, to inflict both the Frostburn and On Fire! debuffs at the same time.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Inuit mythology, the Amarok is a gigantic wolf god, a lone hunter that attacks those hunting alone at night.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Damage increased from 43 to 47.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.