|Knockback||2.8 (Very weak)|
|Use time||25 (Fast)|
|Debuff tooltip||It's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts|
The Amarok is a Hardmode yoyo which has a chance to inflict the Frostburn debuff whenever it hits an enemy. It has a reach of 18 tiles, and its duration (time until it needs to be thrown out again) is 15 seconds. The Amarok has a
0.33*1/300 (0.33%) chance to drop from any enemy defeated in a Snow biome. It can also drop in a Corrupt/Crimsoned or Hallowed Snow biome.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase its average damage output by the same amount.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This is a weapon worth farming for. It can be acquired immediately upon entering Hardmode, helps defeating tougher enemies, and is the strongest yoyo available prior to defeating a mechanical boss. If playing on Expert Mode or Master Mode, the player should have some extra money for reforging to Godly (each reforge costs between 5–10).
- A good synergy can be made with the Magma Stone (or any of its upgrades), to inflict both the Frostburn and On Fire! debuffs at the same time, and perhaps even adding on a Flask for good measure.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Inuit mythology, the Amarok is a gigantic wolf god, a lone hunter that attacks those hunting alone at night.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1: Damage decreased from 47 to 43.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Item sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Damage increased from 43 to 47.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.