|Knockback||2.8 (Very weak)|
|Use time||25 (Fast)|
|Debuff tooltip||It's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts|
The Amarok is a Hardmode yoyo which has a chance to inflict the Frostburn debuff whenever it hits an enemy. It has a reach of 18 tiles, and its duration (time until it needs to be thrown out again) is 15 seconds. The Amarok has a
0.33*1/300 (0.33%) chance to drop from any enemy defeated in a Snow biome. It can also drop in a Corrupted/Crimsoned or Hallowed Snow biome.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase the average damage output by the same amount.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This is a weapon worth farming for. It can be acquired immediately upon entering Hardmode, helps defeating tougher enemies, and is the strongest yoyo available prior to defeating a mechanical boss. If playing on Expert Mode or Master Mode, the player should have some extra money for reforging to Godly (each reforge costs between 5–10).
- King Slime is an excellent enemy to spawn, as each slime spawned can drop the Amarok. By Hardmode, the player should have little trouble handling the boss, as well as an abundant supply of Gold/Platinum for crafting the Slime Crown.
- Another good way to get the Amarok is to craft a Goblin Battle Standard and use it in a Snow biome. This provides a lot of enemies to kill, and as most of them are very weak pre-Hardmode enemies (minus the Goblin Summoner).
- A good synergy can be made with the Magma Stone (or any of its upgrades), to inflict both the Frostburn and On Fire! debuffs at the same time, and perhaps even adding on a Flask for good measure.
Notes[edit | edit source]
The Godly and Demonic modifiers on this weapon only gives 14% extra damage rather than the normal 15%.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Inuit mythology, the Amarok is a gigantic wolf god, a lone hunter that attacks those hunting alone at night.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1: Damage decreased from 47 to 43.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Item sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Damage increased from 43 to 47.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.