Like all other gems, Amber can be placed on blocks. As of 18.104.22.168, they can be crafted back into their Stony block forms at a Heavy Work Bench in a graveyard and can be obtained by cutting down an amber Gem Tree, dropping 0-5 of its respective gems.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
|Amber Gemcorn||By Hand|
|Orange Torch (20) ( )|
|Orange Torch (3) ( )|
|Amber Gem Lock||Heavy Work Bench|
|Amber Stone Block||Heavy Work Bench and Ecto Mist|
|Amber Hook||Iron Anvil|
|Crate Potion ( )||Placed Bottle|
|Crate Potion ( )|
|Amber Gemspark Block (20)||Work Bench|
|Orange Stained Glass (20)|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Amber's original purpose, Orange Torches, were apparently added because of a "really persistent nagging brit", in reference to Youtuber ChippyGaming, AKA James Bennett
- In real life, amber is fossilized tree resin, making it different from other gems' real-life counterparts in the fact that it is much younger and made of organic material. Such resin is called copal.
References[edit | edit source]
- www.reddit.com ➝ thread: I am Redigit - Creator of Terraria. Ask Me Anything! ➝ question: What made you add such a fantastic item like the Orange torch (asked by user chippygaming) ➝ answer: This really persistent nagging brit. :P
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: .
- Desktop 1.3.1:
- Inventory sprite updated.
- Now used to craft the Large Amber and the Amber Gem Lock.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Made changes from PS4's 1.0.750.0 update. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: ()
- Inventory sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1.
- Now used to craft the Amber Staff.
- Console 1.06: Can now be used to craft Gemspark Blocks.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 126.96.36.199.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Now used to craft the Amber Staff.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Can now be used to craft Gemspark Blocks.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.