- Not to be confused with Amber Mosquito.
Amber is a gem acquired by placing Silt, Slush, or Desert Fossil into an Extractinator. Unlike other gems, Amber cannot be found naturally in the Underground or Cavern layers. Instead, Silt/Slush blocks must be fed to the Extractinator, where Amber has a 1.05% chance of being obtained (higher with Desert Fossils).
Amber can be used to craft several gem items, but unlike most other gems, it cannot be used to craft Phaseblades, Stained Glass, Gem Grappling hooks, or early-game magic robes.
Like all other gems, Amber can be placed on blocks.
Desktop, Mobile, and 3DS versions[edit | edit source]
Desktop, Console, and Mobile versions[edit | edit source]
- Amber's original purpose, the Orange Torches, were apparently added because of a "really persistent nagging brit." in reference to Youtuber ChippyGaming AKA James Bennett
- In real life, amber is fossilized tree resin, making it different from other gems' real-life counterparts in the fact that it is much younger and made of organic material. Such resin is called copal.
- Desktop 1.3.1:
- Inventory sprite updated.
- Now used to craft the Large Amber and the Amber Gem Lock.