We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Type||Gem – Crafting material|
|Dimensions||1 wide ˣ 1 high|
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 999|
|Internal Tile ID: 178 (7)|
- Not to be confused with Amber Mosquito.
Amber is a gem acquired by placing Silt, Slush, or Desert Fossil into an Extractinator. Unlike other gems, Amber cannot be found naturally in the Underground or Cavern layers. Each Silt/Slush block fed to the Extractinator has a 1.05% chance of returning Amber (higher with Desert Fossils).
Like all other gems, Amber can be placed on blocks.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Amber's original purpose, the Orange Torches, were apparently added because of a "really persistent nagging brit." in reference to Youtuber ChippyGaming AKA James Bennett
- In real life, amber is fossilized tree resin, making it different from other gems' real-life counterparts in the fact that it is much younger and made of organic material. Such resin is called copal.
References[edit | edit source]
- www.reddit.com ➝ thread: I am Redigit - Creator of Terraria. Ask Me Anything! ➝ question: What made you add such a fantastic item like the Orange torch (asked by user chippygaming) ➝ answer: This really persistent nagging brit. :P
History[edit | edit source]
- Inventory sprite updated.
- Now used to craft the Large Amber and the Amber Gem Lock.
- 184.108.40.206: Now used to create Amber Staff.
- 1.2.4: Can now be used to craft Crate Potions.
- 1.2.3: Can now be used to craft Gemspark Blocks.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Gems |
|Amethyst • Topaz • Sapphire • Emerald • Ruby • Diamond • Amber|