- This article is about the gem obtained from the Extractinator or found in Underground Deserts. For the pet summon, see Amber Mosquito.
Like all other gems, Amber can be placed on blocks. As of 22.214.171.124, they can be crafted back into their Stony block forms at a Heavy Work Bench in a graveyard and can be obtained by cutting down an amber Gem Tree, dropping 0-5 of its respective gems.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Amber's original purpose, Orange Torches, were apparently added because of a "really persistent nagging brit", in reference to Youtuber ChippyGaming, AKA James Bennett
- In real life, amber is fossilized tree resin, making it different from other gems' real-life counterparts in the fact that it is much younger and made of organic material. Such resin is called copal.
References[edit | edit source]
- www.reddit.com ➝ thread: I am Redigit - Creator of Terraria. Ask Me Anything! ➝ question: What made you add such a fantastic item like the Orange torch (asked by user chippygaming) ➝ answer: This really persistent nagging brit. :P
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: .
- Desktop 1.3.1:
- Inventory sprite updated.
- Now used to craft the Large Amber and the Amber Gem Lock.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Made changes from PS4's 1.0.750.0 update. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: ()
- Inventory sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1.
- Now used to craft the Amber Staff.
- Console 1.06: Can now be used to craft Gemspark Blocks.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 188.8.131.52.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Now used to craft the Amber Staff.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Can now be used to craft Gemspark Blocks.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.