|Use time||40 Very Slow|
- Amethyst Bolt
The Amethyst Staff is a phenomenal starting magic weapon given its low mana cost, high damage, and simple crafting recipe. It shoots a single bolt. It has slow speed and low knockback, but with your starting base Mana of 20, this can be used to devastating effect during your first few nights, especially if you get a good Modifier.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase its average damage output by the same amount.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If your world generated with Tin Ore, you will have to make the Topaz Staff instead, unless you can gather enough Copper Ore with the Extractinator, collect it from another world, collect it from slimes, or get copper through fishing crates such as the Wooden Crate.
- The bolt does not ricochet, leaving you vulnerable if the bolt hits the ground before you can cast it again.
- Due to its also somewhat slow projectile speed, this weapon suffers when facing moving aerial targets, such as the Demon Eye.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Inventory icon updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.