|Desktop/Console/Mobile-Only Content: This information applies only to the desktop, console, and mobile versions of Terraria.|
|Dimensions||2 wide ˣ 2 high|
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Grants buff||Ammo Box|
|Buff duration||10 minutes|
|Buff tooltip||20% chance to not consume ammo|
|Buy / Sell||15 / 3|
|Internal Item ID: 2177|
|Internal Buff ID: 93|
|Internal Tile ID: 287|
The Ammo Box buff provides a 20% chance per shot of a ranged weapon not consuming ammunition for a duration of 10 minutes. The buff can be activated limitlessly, with no cooldown period. It can even be activated again while already active, to reset the 10-minute buff timer. The Ammo Box is never consumed, and all players may use it to give themselves the buff. The buff can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon.
Unlike equipment buff items, the Ammo Box must be placed in order to activate the buff. It can be mined with a Pickaxe and picked up again, even while the buff is active, which will not cancel the buff. Placement is only dependent on an adequate flat space of 2x2 tiles being available.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When combining this with an Ammo Reservation Potion, a Vortex Breastplate and a Chlorophyte Helmet, it is possible to achieve an 61.6% chance not to consume ammo. This is especially useful for expensive weapons like the Star Cannon or the Clentaminator.
- On console and mobile versions, when paired with an ammo reservation potion and titan armor, it is possible to have a 78% chance not to consume ammo.
- When combining this with a Vortex Beater, an Ammo Reservation Potion, a Vortex Breastplate and a Chlorophyte Helmet, it is possible to achieve an 86.944% chance not to consume Ammo.
- When combining this with a Phantasm, an Ammo Reservation Potion, a Vortex Breastplate, a Chlorophyte Helmet and a Magic Quiver it is possible to achieve an 89.76% chance not to consume arrows.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Ammo Reservation Potion - reduces the chance of consuming any ammunition by 20% for 7 minutes.
- Buff-granting activated furniture - furniture which grant a buff when right-clicked.
- Crystal Ball, Sharpening Station and Bewitching Table - the equivalent items for the other classes.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2.3: Introduced.