Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
|Placeable||(2 wide × 2 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Reduces ammo usage by 20%|
The Ammo Box is a furniture item that, when placed and pressed ⚷ Open / Activate on, applies the Ammo Box buff to all ranged weapons for 10 minutes. It is purchased from the Traveling Merchant for
The Ammo Box buff provides a 20% chance per shot of a ranged weapon not consuming ammunition. This lasts for 10 minutes, but can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon (), by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu ( ), or by double-tapping the buff icon (). It can be activated limitlessly with no cooldown period. It can even be activated again while already active to reset the 10-minute buff timer. The Ammo Box is never consumed, and all players may use it to give themselves the buff.
Unlike equipment buff items, the Ammo Box must be placed in order to activate the buff. It can be mined with a pickaxe or drill and picked up again, even while the buff is active, which will not cancel the buff. Placement is only dependent on an adequate flat space of two horizontal tiles being available.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When pairing this with an Ammo Reservation Potion, a Vortex Breastplate, and a Chlorophyte Helmet, it is possible to achieve a 61.6% chance not to consume ammo. This is especially useful for expensive weapons like the Super Star Shooter or the Clentaminator.
- When paired with an Ammo Reservation Potion and Titan armor, it is possible to have a 78% chance not to consume ammo. This pair does not seem to stack with the Minishark or Megashark, however.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Ammo Reservation Potion, a potion with a similar effect.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Now makes a new reloading sound when clicked.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Sprite updated. Old sprite was
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 184.108.40.206. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 220.127.116.11. ()
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.