Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Placeable||2 wide × 2 high|
|Use time||15 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Reduces ammo usage by 20%|
|Buff tooltip||20% chance to not consume ammo|
The Ammo Box buff provides a 20% chance per shot of a ranged weapon not consuming ammunition for a duration of 10 minutes. The buff can be activated limitlessly, with no cooldown period. It can even be activated again while already active, to reset the 10-minute buff timer. The Ammo Box is never consumed, and all players may use it to give themselves the buff. The buff can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon.
Unlike equipment buff items, the Ammo Box must be placed in order to activate the buff. It can be mined with a Pickaxe and picked up again, even while the buff is active, which will not cancel the buff. Placement is only dependent on an adequate flat space of two horizontal tiles being available.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When combining this with an Ammo Reservation Potion, a Vortex Breastplate and a Chlorophyte Helmet, it is possible to achieve a 61.6% chance not to consume ammo. This is especially useful for expensive weapons like the Star Cannon or the Clentaminator.
- On Old-gen console version and Mobile version, when paired with an ammo reservation potion and Titan armor, it is possible to have a 78% chance not to consume ammo.
- When combining this with a Vortex Beater, an Ammo Reservation Potion, a Vortex Breastplate and a Chlorophyte Helmet, it is possible to achieve an 86.944% chance not to consume Ammo.
- When combining this with a Phantasm, an Ammo Reservation Potion, a Vortex Breastplate, a Chlorophyte Helmet and a Magic Quiver it is possible to achieve an 89.76% chance not to consume Arrows.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Ammo Reservation Potion - reduces the chance of consuming any ammunition by 20% for 7 minutes.
- Buff-granting activated furniture - furniture which grant a buff when right-clicked.
- Crystal Ball, Sharpening Station and Bewitching Table - the equivalent items for the other classes.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Sprite updated. Old sprite was
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 22.214.171.124. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 126.96.36.199. ()
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.