|Use time||29 (Average)|
|Internal Item ID: 2424|
- Not to be confused with the Wall Anchor decoration.
The Anchor is a Hardmode melee weapon that fires an anchor projectile that remains attached to the player via a chain. It is heavily affected by gravity, firing in an arc. It returns upon reaching a maximum distance or impacting, and damages any enemies in its return path. It functions similarly to the Harpoon. The Anchor is found in Wooden Crates obtained from Fishing, after the Wall of Flesh has been defeated.
Its best Modifier is Godly.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Since the projectile itself is quite large, and its return trip can pierce unlimited enemies, throwing it past a group of enemies and pulling it through them is an effective strategy, making the Anchor very useful for controlling large groups of enemies.
- It is possible to receive it as a reward from the Angler pre-hardmode on mobile.
History[edit | edit source]
Desktop Version[edit | edit source]
- 188.8.131.52: The Anchor weapon now comes back to the player if it gets too far away. Fixed bug that made the game crash when using the Anchor under certain circumstances.
- 1.2.4: Introduced.
Console Version[edit | edit source]
- Console 1.07: Introduced.
Mobile Version[edit | edit source]
- Mobile 1.2.11587:
- Fixed bug where Anchors were received as a quest reward instead of Wall Anchors.
- Fixed bug where multiple Anchors could be thrown, like boomerangs.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.
Version[edit | edit source]
- 3DS 1.05: No longer behaves like the Chain Guillotines, firing multiple projectiles at once that all traveled in a straight direction. The projectile no longer spins during flight, returning to the player slower than when fired.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
| Flails |
| Chain Knife • Ball O' Hurt • The Meatball • Blue Moon • Anchor • Sunfury|
Chain Guillotines • KO Cannon • Dao of Pow • Flower Pow • Golem Fist • Flairon • Solar Eruption