|Use time||30 Average|
- Not to be confused with Wall Anchor.
The Anchor is a Hardmode melee weapon which acts in a similar fashion to the Harpoon, firing an anchor projectile in an arc. The projectile remains attached to the player via a rope and is heavily affected by gravity. It returns upon reaching a maximum distance or impacting, and damages any enemies in its return path. The Anchor is found in Wooden Crates, which are obtained from fishing, opened after the Wall of Flesh has been defeated.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase its average damage output by the same amount.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Since the projectile itself is comparably large and its return trip can pierce unlimited enemies, throwing it past a group of enemies and pulling it through them is an effective strategy, making the Anchor very useful for controlling large groups of enemies.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- The anchor projectile now comes back to the player if it gets too far away.
- Fixed bug that made the game crash when using the Anchor under certain circumstances.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.07: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11587:
- Fixed bug where Anchors were received as a quest reward instead of Wall Anchors.
- Fixed bug where multiple Anchors could be thrown, like boomerangs.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.
- 3DS 1.05: No longer behaves like the Chain Guillotines, firing multiple projectiles at once that all traveled in a straight direction. The projectile no longer spins during flight, returning to the player slower than when fired.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.