|Damage||70 / 55 / 30 (Melee)|
|Knockback||8 (Very strong) /|
|Use time||20 (Very fast) /|
The Anchor is a Hardmode melee weapon which acts in a similar fashion to the Harpoon, firing an anchor projectile in an arc. The projectile remains attached to the player via a rope and is heavily affected by gravity. It returns upon reaching a maximum distance or impacting a tile or enemy, and damages any enemies in its return path. The Anchor is found in Pearlwood Crates or Wooden Crates which are obtained from fishing after the Wall of Flesh has been defeated.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase the average damage output by the same amount.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Since the projectile itself is comparably large and its return trip can pierce unlimited enemies, throwing it past a group of enemies and pulling it through them is an effective strategy, making the Anchor very useful for controlling large groups of enemies.
- It is most useful early Hardmode, quickly being outclassed by better weapons as the player progresses.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Damage increased from 55 to 70.
- Knockback increased from 5 to 8.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Damage increased from 30 to 55.
- Use Time decreased from 30 to 20.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- The anchor projectile now comes back to the player if it gets too far away.
- Fixed bug that made the game crash when using the Anchor under certain circumstances.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.07: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11587:
- Fixed bug where Anchors were received as a quest reward instead of Wall Anchors.
- Fixed bug where multiple Anchors could be thrown, like boomerangs.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.
- 3DS 1.05: No longer behaves like the Chain Guillotines, firing multiple projectiles at once that all traveled in a straight direction. The projectile no longer spins during flight, returning to the player slower than when fired.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.