|Type||Mount Summon – Drop|
|Use time||19 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Summons a rideable basilisk mount|
|Buff tooltip||Crash into anyone... and EVERYONE!|
The Ancient Horn is a Hardmode Mount summoning item. When used, it summons a rideable Basilisk Mount that gives the player the ability to charge through enemies, damaging them in the process. It can be rarely (2% chance) dropped by the Basilisk.
If the Basilisk is moving at a speed of least 21 mph, running through enemies inflicts 90 base damage, not counting enemy defense; this damage is considered summon damage, meaning that minion-enhancing items will benefit it. Enemies that are killed by this attack do not inflict contact damage on the player, but the player will suffer contact damage from enemies that survive it, if the hitbox of the player gets hit.
The Mount emits a faint red glow from 27' Underground downwards. This light does not grow stronger as the player descends, and its color is unaffected by dyes.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Depending on the gear one uses, The Basilisk mount can possibly be better suited for battle than the Unicorn Mount due to its ability to hit enemies after a relatively short charge. The Unicorn takes more time to charge, though it has a much higher top speed for travel (61 mph) and charging through enemies will not damage the player even if they survive, unlike the Basilisk.
- When used with the Neptune's Shell, the Basilisk mount is capable of extreme mobility whilst underwater, even competing with that of the Turtle Mount and even Cute Fishron (in the air).
- Using an umbrella with this mount will cause the player to glide through the air at significant speeds, allowing the player to move long distances quickly when jumping from a high ledge.
- The Basilisk is capable of charging through the segments of the Eater of Worlds and The Destroyer with minimal damage to the player. When running along the Destroyer's body the Basilisk can achieve very high DPS due to summon damage bypassing the Destroyer's high defense.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.3: Introduced.