The Ancient Necro Helmet is a rare drop from Angry Bones and Dark Casters in the Dungeon, with a
0.22*1/450 (0.22%) chance of dropping. It is functionally identical to the Necro Helmet on all versions except the , and the two helmets are interchangeable with no bonus loss (on the version , there is a 1% ranged damage loss when switching to the Ancient Necro Helmet).
A full set grants a basic 16 defense and 15% increased ranged critical strike chance / 20% chance not to consume ammo . In addition, each piece increases ranged damage by 5%, increasing ranged damage by a total of 15%. It is currently one of only two ranged-specific pre-Hardmode armor sets on Desktop version, the other being Fossil armor. This set provides the highest offensive bonuses for the class prior to Hardmode. On Console version, Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and , it is the only ranger armor set available in versionpre-Hardmode.
If the full suit is worn, the player leaves an afterimage while running (just like full Shadow armor). In addition, the sound the player makes when taking certain types of damage will be the same as for a Skeleton.
Set[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Ancient Necro Helmet has the same sprite as the Necro Helmet had before 1.0.3, thus the phrase "Ancient" in it.
- On the Old-gen console version and , the Ancient Necro Helmet has 1% less damage than the versionNecro Helmet, making it inferior, so it is recommended to be used for vanity in these versions.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Before 22.214.171.124, the set bonus stacked with other ammo conservation bonuses. When used with the Megashark, it produced a 60% chance to not consume ammo. Furthermore, using the Ammo Box from the Traveling Merchant would result in a 68% chance not to consume ammo. If an Ammo Reservation Potion was also used, the player's chance not to consume ammo amounted to 74.4%, meaning only approximately every fourth shot consumed a bullet.
- Given both cobwebs and bones in surplus, making Necro Helmets is the most profitable way of monetizing either of them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The term comes from the Ancient Greek word νεκρός (nekrós, "dead").
- It is the only armor set in the game of a rarity.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Set bonus changed from 20% chance not to consume ammo to 15% increased ranged critical strike chance.
- Desktop 1.3.2: Necro Greaves inventory sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Ancient Necro Helmet ranged damage bonus increased from 4% to 5%.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Necro Armor reports the right ranged boost on its tooltip.
- Desktop 1.2: Ancient Necro Helmet introduced.
- Desktop 1.1:
- Amount of bones needed for crafting increased from 90 (25/35/30) to 150 (40/60/50).
- Graphics variant for female characters added.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Necro armor stats altered:
- Added ranged damage increase and new set bonus.
- Removed set bonus of 30% increased movement speed.
- Defense of all pieces reduced by 1.
- Desktop 1.0.3: Sprites updated.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Ancient Necro Helmet introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Ancient Necro Helmet introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.