“When severe storms roll through, it is said that the skies are angry. This cloud in particular is especially livid!
— The Bestiary
The Angry Nimbus is a Hardmode enemy that spawns when the weather is Rainy in any Surface biome except for the Snow biome. It will follow players around the map, attempting to kill them with a rain-type attack similar to that of the Crimson Rod and the Nimbus Rod. It floats above the player making it difficult to hit with close-range weapons. They are immune to the Confused, Poisoned and Venom debuffs.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Angry Nimbuses are more likely to spawn if you are in a location where few other enemy types can spawn. If you are on a platform high enough above the rest of the terrain that ground enemies don't spawn, but not so high that Harpies start to spawn, you may see more Nimbuses. This may also be because Nimbuses are clouds so they spawn more often at a certain height. A rainy Blood Moon will spawn a fair number of Angry Nimbuses; with a properly fortified base where they can attack the Nimbuses from safety, a player can have a reasonable chance at getting a Nimbus Rod.
- Up to 2 Angry Nimbuses can be alive at one time in the world.
- Angry Nimbuses move at a fast speed and have a comparably high knockback resistance. Ranged weapons with a high rate of fire, like the Megashark, prove useful to maintain distance from them.
- Nimbuses typically hover about 10 blocks above the character (excluding the characters height)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The term Nimbus is an outdated term for the type of cloud now classified as the nimbostratus cloud. A nimbostratus cloud is a low, gray, often dark, amorphous, nearly uniform cloud that usually produces continuous rain or snow.
- Cumulonimbus clouds resemble the Angry Nimbus more closely, yet are not nimbostratus clouds. They are dense precipitating clouds whose name roots from the Latin terms cumulus ("heaped") and nimbus ("rainstorm"), which explains Angry Nimbus' lumpy appearance.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Increased spawn rate.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.