We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Tooltip|| Grants immunity to knockback and fire blocks|
Grants immunity to most debuffs
|Internal Item ID: 1613|
- For an extensive guide to crafting this item, and a crafting tree, see Guide:Crafting an Ankh Shield.
The Ankh Shield is a Hardmode accessory that provides immunity to 11/10 different debuffs, knockback immunity, and provides an additional 4 defense. It is crafted from an Obsidian Shield and an Ankh Charm at the Tinkerer's Workshop.
The Ankh Shield entails one of the most complex crafting trees in Terraria, consisting of 11 different ingredients.
It provides immunity from all of the following debuffs:
|Bleeding||Broken Armor||Burning||Chilled ()|
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Ankh Shield is the end result of combining 11 individual accessories over the course of seven crafting operations. Its original constituent accessories are the Bezoar, Vitamins, Cobalt Shield, Obsidian Skull, Nazar, Blindfold, Trifold Map, Fast Clock, Megaphone, Armor Polish, and Adhesive Bandage. Prior to update 184.108.40.206 with the addition of the Cell Phone, combining 13 different items, it was the most compact item in the game.
- The Pocket Mirror (which provides immunity to Stoned ) and the Hand Warmer (which provides immunity against Chilled and Frozen), are not used in the recipe for the Ankh Charm, although protecting from certain debuffs.
- Despite the tooltip, there are many debuffs that the player can still suffer, especially higher-tier versions of the debuffs they are protected by: Venom for Poisoned, Cursed Inferno for On Fire!, Blackout for Darkness, Frozen for Chilled, Withered Armor (or Ichor) for Broken Armor. Of course, these higher-tier debuffs are all a good deal rarer than the weaker forms, and the Shield does cut down sharply on dangerous inconveniences while adventuring.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Ankh Shield can be obtained before defeating any Hardmode bosses, and can be a very useful accessory when one does decide to fight them.
- The post-Plantera Paladin's Shield offers an extra 2 defense and a multiplayer buff, but does not prevent common debuffs. As such, the Paladin's Shield may be slightly more advantageous for most boss battles.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ankh was the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic character that meant "life"; this hieroglyphic character is depicted in the shield.
- Of all accessories, the Ankh Shield and the Celestial Stone offer the third most base defense, being bested only by the Paladin's Shield which has 6 base defense, and the Flesh Knuckles which has 7 base defense.
- The only crafted item in the build path not crafted at the Tinkerer's Workshop is the Obsidian skull, which is crafted at a furnace instead.
- Its components sell for more than the shield does.