|Tooltip||Grants immunity to knockback and fire blocks|
Grants immunity to most debuffs
- Internal Item ID: 1613
The Ankh Shield is a Hardmode shield accessory which provides immunity to 11 / 10 different debuffs, knockback immunity, and an additional 4 defense. It is crafted from an Obsidian Shield and an Ankh Charm at the Tinkerer's Workshop.
The Ankh Shield entails the second most complex crafting tree in Terraria, consisting of 11 different ingredients.
It provides immunity to all of the following debuffs:
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Crafting tree[edit | edit source]
( ) )
| × 20|
( + )
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Ankh Shield is the end result of combining eleven individual accessories over the course of eight crafting operations. Its original constituent accessories are the Bezoar, Vitamins, Cobalt Shield, Obsidian Skull, Nazar, Blindfold, Trifold Map, Fast Clock, Megaphone, Armor Polish, and Adhesive Bandage.
- The Pocket Mirror (which provides immunity to ) and the Hand Warmer (which provides immunity against , as well as ), are not used in the recipe for the Ankh Charm, although protecting from certain debuffs. The Philosopher's Stone, which hampers the debuff, is not used either.
- Despite the tooltip, there are many debuffs that the player can still suffer, especially higher-tier versions of the debuffs they are protected from: for Poisoned, and for Burning, for Darkness, for Chilled, (or ) for Broken Armor. Of course, these higher-tier debuffs are all significantly rarer than the weaker forms, and the Ankh Shield does cut down sharply on dangerous inconveniences while adventuring.
- There are several post-Golem debuffs the Ankh Shield does not protect from: , inflicted by Tesla Turrets during the Martian Madness event; , inflicted by Alien Queens while fighting the Vortex Pillar; and , inflicted by the Moon Lord.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Ankh Shield does not require any items from Hardmode bosses, and so can be obtained before defeating them. It can be a very useful accessory when the player does decide to fight them.
- While it does not directly affect the Feral Bite debuff, the Shield blocks all of its side effects, rendering it mostly harmless against the player.
- The post-Plantera Paladin's Shield offers an extra 2 defense and a multiplayer buff, but does not prevent common debuffs. As such, the Paladin's Shield may be slightly more advantageous for most boss battles.
- Using an Obsidian Skin Potion renders the player immune to the On Fire! debuff, which the shield does not provide.
- The Ankh Shield can synergize with the Brand of the Inferno to block attacks, granting the Striking Moment buff.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The ankh, the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic symbol that is depicted in the shield, was most commonly used in writing and in art to represent the word for "life" and, by extension, as a symbol of life itself.
- Of all accessories, the Ankh Shield and the Celestial Stone offer the third most base defense, being bested only by the Paladin's Shield which has 6 base defense, and the Flesh Knuckles which has 7 base defense.
- The only crafted item in the build path not crafted at the Tinkerer's Workshop is the Obsidian Skull, which is crafted at a Furnace instead.
- Its components sell for more than the shield itself does.
- Prior to 1.3 , the Ankh Shield (requiring 11 base ingredients, and 7 crafting operations) had the most complex crafting tree. Although the Music Box (Title) required one more base ingredient, it only needed one crafting operation. The Cell Phone took the lead (requiring 13 base ingredients, and 8 crafting operations) in 1.3.
- Despite giving immunity to Chilled, the Hand Warmer is not included in the crafting process of the Ankh Shield. The shield also does not give immunity to Frozen.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Now provides immunity to the Chilled debuff. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Now provides immunity to the Chilled debuff. ()
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced, provides immunity to the Chilled debuff.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Now provides immunity to the Chilled debuff.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced, provides immunity to the Chilled debuff.