|Tooltip|| Grants immunity to knockback and fire blocks|
Grants immunity to most debuffs
|Internal Item ID: 1613|
- For an extensive guide to crafting this item, and a crafting tree, see Guide:Crafting an Ankh Shield.
The Ankh Shield is a Hardmode accessory that provides immunity to 11/ 10 different debuffs, knockback immunity, and provides an additional 4 defense. It is crafted from an Obsidian Shield and an Ankh Charm at the Tinkerer's Workshop.
The Ankh Shield entails the second most complex crafting tree in Terraria, consisting of 11 different ingredients.
It provides immunity from all of the following debuffs:
|Chilled ( )|
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Ankh Shield is the end result of combining 11 individual accessories over the course of seven crafting operations. Its original constituent accessories are the Bezoar, Vitamins, Cobalt Shield, Obsidian Skull, Nazar, Blindfold, Trifold Map, Fast Clock, Megaphone, Armor Polish, and Adhesive Bandage.
- It is a common myth that the Ankh Shield required the most items to be crafted prior to 184.108.40.206. This is not true, as Music Box (Title) requires 1 more item than the Ankh Shield.
- The Pocket Mirror (which provides immunity to Stoned ) and the Hand Warmer (which provides immunity against Chilled and Frozen), are not used in the recipe for the Ankh Charm, although protecting from certain debuffs. The Philosopher's Stone, which hampers the Potion Sickness debuff, is also not used.
- Despite the tooltip, there are many debuffs that the player can still suffer, especially higher-tier versions of the debuffs they are protected by: Venom for Poisoned, Cursed Inferno and On Fire! for Burning, Blackout for Darkness, Frozen for Chilled, Withered Armor (or Ichor) for Broken Armor. Of course, these higher-tier debuffs are all a good deal rarer than the weaker forms, and the Shield does cut down sharply on dangerous inconveniences while adventuring.
- While it does not directly affect the Feral Bite debuff, the Shield blocks all of its side effects, rendering it mostly harmless against the player.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Ankh Shield can be obtained before defeating any Hardmode bosses, and can be a very useful accessory when one does decide to fight them.
- The post-Plantera Paladin's Shield offers an extra 2 defense and a multiplayer buff, but does not prevent common debuffs. As such, the Paladin's Shield may be slightly more advantageous for most boss battles.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ankh was the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic character that meant "life"; this hieroglyphic character is depicted in the shield.
- Of all accessories, the Ankh Shield and the Celestial Stone offer the third most base defense, being bested only by the Paladin's Shield which has 6 base defense, and the Flesh Knuckles which has 7 base defense.
- The only crafted item in the build path not crafted at the Tinkerer's Workshop is the Obsidian skull, which is crafted at a furnace instead.
- Its components sell for more than the shield does.
- Prior to 220.127.116.11, this used to be the item with the most complex crafting tree (a total of 11 base ingredients), but now the Cell Phone is the item that has the most complex crafting tree (13 base ingredients).
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Now provides immunity to the Chilled debuff.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.