|Coins|80*80Pre-Hardmode: 200*2Hardmode: 160*160
Giant Antlion Charger
|Coins|175*175Pre-Hardmode: 437*437Hardmode: 437*437Post-Plantera: 350*350
The Antlion Charger is an enemy similar in appearance to the Antlion. Unlike the Antlion, the Antlion Charger will, as its name suggests, charge at the player instead of remaining stationary. It is found in the Underground Desert or on surface Deserts during pre-Hardmode Sandstorms. It can rarely drop the Mandible Blade.
New players should be cautious around the Antlion Charger as its high health and knockback resistance make it significantly more difficult to kill than an Antlion. As well as this, its high speed makes it difficult to escape by running horizontally. As they are very large, a thin vertical shaft (eg 2 tiles wide) can be used to escape or to fight from with ranged weapons.
Due to the large amount of small pockets in the Underground Desert, players will often be able to see where the charger is and the space it's able to move in before they have to face it. This makes it possible to come up with a strategy before fighting, or avoid it entirely.
- The Antlion Charger can spawn anywhere with Hardened Sand Walls.
- If left alone for a short while, it will charge at the player extremely fast, becoming virtually unstoppable. This is presumed to be a bug.
- Antlion Chargers can spawn on the desert surface during a Sandstorm.
- During Hardmode, the similarly-acting Basilisk will also spawn.
- Despite their high damage and resilience, they can easily be trapped, especially in the Underground Desert. The very small gaps between caves there means that weapons can damage them but they can't escape, allowing them to be easily farmed, even by early-game players.
- This allows for easy farming of their drops, including the Mandible Blade (a formidable early game, autoswing sword) and the Banana Split (a food item).
- The Bestiary entry for the Antlion Charger: "The soldiers of the antlion species, Antlion Chargers ferociously chase after intruders with a surprising speed."
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Added small variant, named Antlion Charger.
- Original Antlion Charger renamed to "Giant Antlion Charger".
- Now has a 2% chance of dropping the Banana Split food item.