Anvils are crafting stations used to craft metal bars into tools, weapons, armor, and other items. Anvils are 2 tiles wide, 1 block high, and must be placed on top of solid blocks or Platforms. There are 4 types of Anvils in the game.
Types[edit | edit source]
The Iron and Lead Anvils are functionally identical: each generated world only spawns with Iron or Lead, so only one will be craftable. The same is true for the Mythril and Orichalcum Anvils. The Mythril and Orichalcum Anvils are upgraded Hardmode versions that perform all the functions of their predecessors in addition to new recipes.
Achievement(s)[edit | edit source]
|Blacksmith • "You are a master smith!"|
|Craft 300 items at an anvil.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite the anvils being classified as furniture and appearing to have a flat surface, the anvil does not fulfill the NPC housing requirement for a flat surface, nor can the player place items on it.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Lead and Orichalcum Anvils introduced.
- Desktop 1.1: Mythril Anvil introduced.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.