|Damage||16 / 15 (Magic)|
|Use time||15 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Sprays out a shower of water|
|Internal Item ID: 157|
The Aqua Scepter is a magic weapon that can be obtained from the locked Gold Chests within the Dungeon, or from the Golden Lock Box found in Dungeon Crates from fishing. It fires a 7 block long arc of water particles which can pierce enemies.
The Aqua Scepter itself deals no damage therefore an enemy too close to the wielder will simply move past the outstretched wand to hit the player. The Aqua Scepter can be continuously used to keep enemies juggled.
Its particles emit light, so the Aqua Scepter can be useful in scouting out caverns.
Its best Modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite being a water themed weapon, the range seems to be reduced when the player is in water.
- It is incredibly effective against the Brain of Cthulhu's Creepers, and it can kill all of them in a matter of seconds.
- It is also effective against the Queen Bee.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During alpha and beta testing for the first version of Terraria, the Aqua Scepter was often considered overpowered, due to the fact that it used so little mana then. The mana cost has since been raised by the developers.
- The Golden Shower can be considered a Hardmode upgrade of the aqua scepter.
- It makes the same sound effect as the Rocket Boots.
- Due to the blue color of the staff portion of the scepter, it can be assumed it is made from enchanted cobalt, like most other dungeon items, i.e. Muramasa, Magic Missile, and of course, the Cobalt Shield.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- 18.104.22.168: Damage increased from 15 to 16.
- 1.2.3: Mana requirement increased from 4 to 6.
- Sprite updated.
- Now sprays in an arc.
- Damage increased from 14 to 15.
- Mana consumption further reduced to 4.
- Damage reduced from 15 to 14.
- Mana consumption reduced from 10 to 7.
- Range increased.
- Use time reduced from 29 to 15.
- Mana consumption reduced from 12 to 10.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.