|AI Type||Swimming AI|
- Internal NPC ID: 157
“These enormous fish thrive in the jungle waters near veins of unstable magicks, which make them unusually strong and hostile.
— The Bestiary
The Arapaima is a Hardmode enemy that spawns in water pools within the Jungle and Underground Jungle biomes. They swim much faster than most fish. Although dealing high damage, this enemy has very low knockback resistance, so high knockback weapons are useful.
The Arapaima can jump from the water, and therefore is able to attack players on land close to the water.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Arapaima are the largest freshwater fish native to South America, sometimes reaching lengths of more than 2 meters (6 feet).
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Now has a chance to drop its respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.