Demons (and the Arch Demon on Old-gen console, Mobile, and ) are enemies found in The Underworld. In addition to causing physical damage if contacted, they shoot accelerating purple blades at the player, similar to the Demon Scythe spell, in volleys of four. These blades are stopped by barriers such as walls and ash blocks, and have a chance of blinding the player. The blades cannot be destroyed if they are hit by a weapon, unlike the fireballs of the Fire Imp.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Arch Demon can drop Crystal Shards even before Hardmode. Despite this, the player cannot craft anything with it until they obtain a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil with the exception of the Phasesaber.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Added new sounds.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Damage reduced from 50 to 32.
- Now repeatedly swoops at the player and flies away, rather than remaining close by, and doesn't fire while blocked.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Demon Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Arch Demon's sprite updated. Old sprite was:
- Console-Release: Introduced along with Arch Demon.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced along with Arch Demon.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced along with Arch Demon.