Demons (and the Arch Demon on Old-gen console, Mobile, and ) are Enemies found in The Underworld. In addition to causing physical damage if contacted, they shoot accelerating purple blades at the player, similar to the Demon Scythe spell, in volleys of four. These blades are stopped by barriers such as walls and ash blocks, and have a chance of blinding the player. The blades cannot be destroyed if they are hit by a weapon, unlike the fireballs of the Fire Imp.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Arch Demon can drop Crystal Shards even before Hardmode. However, the player cannot craft anything with it until they obtain a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil, with the exception of the Phasesaber.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Added new sounds.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Damage reduced from 50 to 32.
- Now repeatedly swoops at the player and flies away, rather than remaining close by, and doesn't fire while blocked.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Added new sounds from Desktop 188.8.131.52. Arch Demon Removed ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Added new sounds from Desktop 184.108.40.206. Arch Demon Removed ()
- Console 1.02:
- Console-Release: Introduced with mechanics from Desktop 1.0.6 along with Arch Demon.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Introduced Arch Demon.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced with mechanics from Desktop 1.0.6.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced with mechanics from Desktop 220.127.116.11 along with Arch Demon.