The Demon (and the Arch Demon on Old-gen console and ) is an enemy found in The Underworld. It attacks by summoning volleys of four spinning purple blades that accelerate towards the player, which are similar those fired by the Demon Scythe spell that it has a chance to drop. These blades have a chance to inflict Darkness and are stopped by any block, but cannot be destroyed with weapons.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Arch Demon can drop Crystal Shards even before Hardmode. However, it is impossible to craft anything with them (with the exception of the Phasesaber) before obtaining a Hardmode Anvil.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Added new sounds.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Damage reduced from 50 to 32.
- Now repeatedly swoops at the player and flies away, rather than remaining close by, and doesn't fire while blocked.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1:
- Console 1.0.750.0:
- Console 1.02:
- Console-Release: Introduced with mechanics from Desktop 1.0.6 along with Arch Demon.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168:
- Removed the Arch Demon.
- Added new sounds.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Introduced Arch Demon.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced with mechanics from Desktop 1.0.6.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced with mechanics from Desktop 22.214.171.124 along with Arch Demon.