Arctic Diving Gear
|Tooltip||Grants the ability to swim and greatly extends underwater breathing|
Provides extra mobility on ice
Generates a very subtle glow which becomes more vibrant underwater
- Internal Item ID: 1861
The Arctic Diving Gear is an accessory which is crafted by combining the Jellyfish Diving Gear and Ice Skates at a Tinkerer's Workshop. It combines the swimming and breathing effects of the Diving Gear with the underwater lighting effect of the Jellyfish Necklace (in the Desktop version, it gives a very faint glow out of water and honey and its brightness is significantly increased when submerged), as well as the enhanced mobility on ice effect of the Ice Skates. In addition to combining these effects into a single accessory, it has the unique ability of preventing the Chilled debuff when touching water in Snow or Ice biomes in Expert Mode.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Crafting tree[edit | edit source]
|Jellyfish Diving Gear|
|Arctic Diving Gear|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like all diving equipment, the Arctic Diving Gear prolongs the underwater breath to 1 minute and 33.33 seconds or, while holding the Breathing Reed, to 3 minutes and 6.67 seconds. In addition, the rate at which health is lost while drowning is reduced to 1/4 or 1/8, respectively. While it is possible to equip multiple pieces of diving equipment, doing so does not cause them to stack.
- It has a light blue glow, as opposed to the pink glow from the Jellyfish Diving Gear.
- Any headpiece, whether social or armor, will override display of the Arctic Diving Gear.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Arctic Diving Gear is very useful for exploring flooded areas, and it can be obtained in pre-Hardmode, even before any boss is defeated.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Increased the breath capacity bonus by 50%.
- Now lets off an extremely faint glow when out of water.
- Dramatically increased the brightness when in water.
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.2. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.2. ()
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.12773: Fixed a bug where sell price would display incorrectly.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.