- Internal NPC ID: 19
The Arms Dealer is an NPC vendor that will spawn once the following criteria have been met:
- There is an empty house.
- The player has at least one Bullet or Bullet-firing Gun in their inventory. any Guns stored in a Chest don't count).Having a flare gun or flares does not sastify the requirements
If the Arms Dealer is killed, he will only respawn if the above conditions are met again.
On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, when threatened by enemies, the Arms Dealer will use a Flintlock Pistol to defend himself. Once Hardmode begins, he upgrades to a Minishark for self-defense.
Items sold[edit | edit source]
|During a Blood Moon.|
(Always available in Hardmode.)
|During the night after defeating the Eater of Worlds or Brain of Cthulhu.|
(Always available in Hardmode.)
|Only at night.|
|When the player possesses a Stynger.|
|When the player possesses a Stake Launcher.|
|When the player possesses a Nail Gun.|
|When the player possesses a Candy Corn Rifle.|
|When the player possesses a Jack 'O Lantern Launcher.|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The easiest way to acquire a qualifying gun is to smash either a Shadow Orb or Crimson Heart in the Corruption or the Crimson. They will always drop a Musket or an Undertaker, respectively, on the first break.
- Other qualifying early guns include:
Names[edit | edit source]
The Arms Dealer may have any of the following names:
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Keep your hands off my gun, buddy!"
- "Hey, this ain't a movie, pal. Ammo is extra." (references how most characters in movies and other fictional works seem to have infinite ammo)
- "I see you're eyeballin' the Minishark.. You really don't want to know how it was made."
When Demolitionist is present:
- "Don't bother with <name of Demolitionist>, I've got all you need right here."
- "What's <name of Demolitionist>'s problem? Does he even realize we sell completely different stuff?"
When Nurse is present:
- "Make it quick! I've got a date with <name of Nurse> in an hour."
- "I want what <name of Nurse> is sellin'. What do you mean, she doesn't sell anything?" (refers to the fact that the Nurse doesn't sell anything.)
When Dryad is present:
- "<name of Dryad> is a looker. Too bad she's such a prude."
- "I heard there is a doll that looks very similar to <name of Guide> somewhere in the underworld. I'd like to put a few rounds in it." (This refers to the Guide Voodoo Doll)
- (if these conditions are met this will be the only quote available)
- If there is no Guide, no name will show up where the name of Guide should be.
During a Blood Moon:
- "I love nights like tonight. There is never a shortage of things to kill!"
- "Man, it's a good night not to talk to anybody, don't you think, <name of player>?" (This is a reference to the NPCs becoming incredibly paranoid, sinister or rude during Blood Moons.)
During a Party :
- "Parties are great for getting people to come out of their shell, just like with bullets."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name Brimst may be a reference to brimstone (sulfur), one of the ingredients of gunpowder.
- Unlike several other NPCs, who sell their own clothes on Halloween, the Arms Dealer sells the Nurse's clothes. On a technical level, this may be because the Nurse does not have a shop interface through which to sell her own clothes.
- The quote about the Guide Voodoo Doll still appears even if the Guide is dead, but the name will be random each time.
- He seems to be attracted to both the Nurse and the Dryad. This is seen in his quote about the date with the Nurse, and the Dryad's quote about him flirting with her. He also flirts with the Mechanic, according to her quote about the pressure plate.
- The Arms Dealer and Guide seem to argue with each other through Emotes, implying they don't get along. This is further evidenced by his quote regarding the Guide Voodoo Doll.
- The name Demetrius may be a reference to the play A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.1: Now sells ammunition for newly introduced weapons and Nurse costume (during Halloween).
- Desktop 1.1:
- Now has random name given to him on spawn. His death will be reported with this name. Also other NPCs will use it in their quotes.
- Illegal Gun Parts are sold every night, not just during new moons.
- Silver Bullets and Unholy Arrows are always available after defeating the Wall of Flesh.
- Shotgun added to inventory.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.