Arrows are a form of Ammunition fired from a Bow or Repeater. While they require resources to craft and use, the resources required to build the basic wooden and flaming arrows are more than abundant. Arrows are particularly powerful early game, where even a Copper Bow with simple wooden arrows will deal double the damage a sword can. Wooden arrows should be upgraded to flaming arrows or frostburn arrows, as it does not require a lot of resources, and greatly increases their usefulness.
Bows consume arrows from the Inventory in order from top-left to bottom-right.
Types[edit | edit source]
Boosts[edit | edit source]
- Magic Quiver
- Ranger Emblem
- Avenger Emblem
- Destroyer Emblem
- Sniper Scope
- Any accessory with the modifiers Jagged, Spiked, Angry, Menacing
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is possible to re-use many arrows, especially Wooden Arrows and Flaming Arrows which have a high drop rate after being fired. Arrows have a chance to break, regardless of what they hit (arrows break as much against Slimes as they do against Bricks).
- Certain bows/repeaters such as Chlorophyte Shotbow and Tsunami shoot several arrows at once, consuming only one arrow when fired.
- Wooden Arrows fired from the Molten Fury are considered to be Flaming Arrows and have a chance to be recoverable as such.
- Jester's Arrows, Hellfire Arrows, Venom Arrow and Vulcan Bolts are always consumed, and cannot be re-used.
- For this reason, it's impossible to have Vulcan Bolts in the inventory without hacking, because they only appear when the player fires the Vulcan Repeater, and are always destroyed on impact.
- Flaming Arrows, Frostburn Arrows, Cursed Arrows and Ichor Arrows, if they did not break, have a 2/3 chance to downgrade back to Wooden Arrow after being shot.
- The Endless Quiver provides an infinite supply of Wooden Arrows, and is therefore affected by arrow-converting effects.
- Despite not using ammo, shots fired with a bow using the Endless Quiver as ammo still have a chance to drop recoverable Wooden Arrows.