Attack Speed in Terraria is handled like movement speed; Additive bonuses, except the cap, are at four times the original speed. However use time, or the time it takes to swing (attack) or use an item, is reduced instead of increased. Use time of 30 is slower than use time of 10. See weapon list for an organized view of this.
Max increased attack speed (for melee) is above 95% using Beetle Scale Mail set (12, plus 30 with fully-powered Beetle Might buff), Well Fed (buff) (5), Tipsy (buff), (10), and the five accessories Feral Claws (12), Power Glove (12), Mechanical Glove (12), Celestial Stone (10), and either the Sun Stone or Moon Stone (10) (though the Fire Gauntlet (10) works at every time of day), each reforged to Violent (20). When combined with the fastest melee weapon, the Fetid Baghnakhs, a player may execute a full melee attack in roughly 0.05 seconds, or twenty times per second.
Accessories[edit | edit source]
|Item||Attack speed bonus|
Armor Sets[edit | edit source]
- The Gi grants 10% increased attack speed when worn.
- Each piece of the shadow armor set grants 7% a piece, for a total set bonus of 21%.
- The Cobalt Helmet grants 12% attack speed and the Cobalt set bonus grants 27%.
- The Palladium Mask grants 12% attack speed.
- The Orichalcum Mask grants 7% attack speed.
- With an Adamantite Helmet, the Adamantite set bonus grants 18% attack speed.
- A Hallowed Mask grants 10% increased melee haste, and the armor set grants an additional 19% attack speed.
- The Beetle armor complete with the Beetle Scale Mail can grant up to 30% additional attack speed with its buff fully stacked.
- The Monk's Bushy Brow Bald Cap and the Shinobi Infiltrator's Helmet grant 20% attack speed.
- The Solar Flare Leggings grant 15% increased attack speed.
Mining speed of various tools is however not affected by the bonuses above, it is only boosted by specialized Mining bonuses (such as the Mining Potion and Mining outfit) and speed bonuses granted by the tool's own prefix, the best of which is Light. The exception is the Celestial Stone (and related accessories), whose bonus to mining speed is stated in the tooltip.
Note: Even though you have a incredible attack speed you must take the monster's invincibility time into consideration. Generally speaking, no invincibility time is applied when referring to projectiles that do not penetrate, but those that do penetrate or explode are not in this case. Normally it is 1/6 seconds (10 ticks) while there are some exceptions ranging from 5 ticks to 20 ticks.
| Game mechanics |
|Combat||Attack speed • Autoswing • Combat Targeting • Critical hit • Damage • Knockback • Minions • Velocity|
|Environment||Ambient objects • Day and night cycle • Environment • Event • Map size • Moon • Music • NPC despawning • NPC spawning • Status messages • Wind • World Seed • Liquids|
|Interface||Minimap • Logo • Title messages • Tips|
|Items||Consumable • Crafting stations (By Hand) • Crossover content • Explosion-proof objects • Mining speed • Modifiers • NPC drops • Placement • Pickaxe Power • Rarity • Storage • Tooltips • Use time • Value|
|Game||Achievements • Settings (desktop version) Config.json • Camera mode • Data IDs • Difficulty • Expert mode • Game controls • Lighting mode • NPC names|
|Multiplayer||Chat • Multiplayer|
|Player||Aggro • Breath meter • Buffs and Debuffs • Character styles • Death • Defense • Drowning • Fall damage • Ghost • Hairstyles • Health • Health regeneration • Inventory • Mana • Player stats • Spawn|