|Buff tooltip||I think it wants your fish|
- This article is about the pet summon item. For fish caught with fishing poles, see Fishing.
The Fish summons a pet baby penguin to follow you. Using the item does not consume it, and it will remain in your inventory while the penguin is active. You can despawn it by right-clicking on the buff icon. Fish are found randomly inside Ice Chests in the Ice biome, or from Frozen Crates or Boreal Crates obtained via fishing in the Ice Biome.
If you jump too high into the air, the penguin will fly after you. The baby penguin is immune to damage from enemies and despawns upon player death unless it was placed into the Pet Slot.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item cannot be obtained by fishing, despite common sense suggesting otherwise. This is mainly because this item was added into the game far before fishing was.
- The Baby Penguin looks identical to the penguin inside the Penguin Cage.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.