|Knockback||2 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||27 Average|
|Tooltip||Summons a baby slime to fight for you.|
|Buff tooltip||The baby slime will fight for you|
- This article is about the summoning item. For the Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and pet, see versionPetri Dish. For the mount, see Slimy Saddle. For the slime enemy, see Slime.
The Slime Staff is a summon weapon that summons a baby Slime minion to fight by your side. Like other minions, the summoned baby slime is invincible and follows the player for an unlimited amount of time, unless the player dies, summons a replacement minion, or cancels the buff.
The Slime Staff generally has the rarest drop chance of any weapon, with minor exceptions. The typical drop rate from most Slimes and Slimed Zombies is 1/10000 / 1/7000 (0.01% / 0.014%). Pinky has a greatly improved drop rate of 1/100 / 1/70 (1% / 1.4%). Additionally, Sand Slimes have a drop rate of 1/8000 / 1/5600 (0.013% / 0.018%).
Unlike other summon weapons, its best possible Modifier is Mythical. This is because both the Ruthless and Mythical Modifiers raise its base damage only to 9 due to rounding.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Enemies frequently avoid player-inflicted damage when being attacked by a pet slime, due to its high attack speed causing brief invulnerability to enemies.
- Maximal potential attack frequency of Slimes summoned by the Slime Staff on any given target reaches six hits per second.
- Although it is extremely rare, it is possible to obtain the Slime Staff within minutes of playing.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- An easy way to obtain the Slime Staff without much effort is to construct a statue farm with one or more Slime Statues, and lava just deep enough to destroy the gel drops as it kills the slimes. Leave it alone for a while, and occasionally check if the staff has been dropped yet. Using, say, a crab engine, or better yet a bird engine, can maximize the spawn rate, and of course multiple statues will help. Note that as of version 188.8.131.52, you cannot simply trigger the statue in quick succession, as there is a limit to how often you can do so.
- The Slime Staff when coupled with Lucky Coin and a weak modifier is a great money maker since its attacks are fast but not strong.
- It can be used to keep weak enemies like Meteor Heads from attacking you while mining.
- The slime summoned by this staff is summoned at the cursor, and therefore can be used to attack enemies on the other side of walls.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Slime Staff has the lowest drop rate of any enemy-dropped item.
- Prior to 1.3.4, the slime staff was the weakest summon weapon in the game. This has been changed ever since, as it now does twice as much damage as the Lightning Aura Rod.
- The Slime summoned by the Slime Staff appears to be a baby version of the Toxic Sludge Slime, being similar in color, and having a face also.
- When the slime summoned by the Slime Staff is moving to attack an enemy, it will destroy pots, grass, and vines.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Now has an increased 1% / 1.43% chance to drop from Pinky and 0.013% / 0.018% by Sand Slime.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Now requires 10 mana. Fixed a bug where the Hornet Staff, Imp Staff, and Slime Staff minion buffs did not disappear upon leaving a world.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.