We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Ballista sentry summons
The Ballista Rod, Cane, and Staff are special sentry summon weapons that summon a Ballista sentry minion at the point clicked. Each Ballista sentry is a large automated crossbow device on the ground that fires piercing spears at approaching enemies. The Rod is sold by the Tavernkeep for 5 Defender Medals, the Cane for 25, and the Staff for 100.
The Rod is always available. The Cane becomes available after defeating one Mechanical Boss, and the Staff becomes available after defeating Golem. The three different versions cause an identical effect, but with varying statistics, with the Staff being the most expensive and the most powerful.
These weapons can only be used outside of the Old One's Army event after the event has been successfully completed. Completing the event on any difficulty allows Rods, Canes, and Staves alike to be used outside of the event.
During the Old One's Army event, Etherian Mana can be collected, which allows the placement of multiple Ballistas that remain permanently until the event is over. Etherian Mana cannot be used outside the event.
Its best Modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier presents a wider array of stat bonuses, but most of these apply to the initial summoning, and not to the resulting Ballista. Additionally, Minions cannot deal critical hits. The only significant advantage the Mythical modifier has over Ruthless is in knockback.
Ballista sentries are boosted by the Squire armor and Valhalla Knight armor set bonuses, which grant Ballista Panic! when the player takes damage. Ballista Panic! doubles the fire rate of Ballista sentries for 3 seconds after taking damage.
Tiers[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Completing the Old One's Army event on any difficulty sets a hidden attribute for both the world it was completed on and the character who completed it. Any characters, including newly made ones, who visit that world may then use Rods, Canes, and Staves on any world. The character who completed the event may also use Rods, Canes, and Staves on any world.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Despite piercing it doesn't add invincibility frames.
- Re-summoning the Ballista will reset its firing cooldown, allowing for rapid fire shots as long as the player has enough mana.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Ballista at Dungeon Defenders 2 Wiki.
- Flameburst sentry summons
- Lightning Aura sentry summons
- Explosive Trap sentry summons
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.