Bamboo is a placeable block that naturally generates in the Jungle Biome, and grows on Jungle grass submerged in shallow water (at least 2 and at most 5 tiles deep.). Like most plants, Bamboo will not grow behind a wall (including Glass Wall and Fences). They also have a chance to be found in Jungle Crates, or Bramble Crates in hardmode. It can be mined with any pickaxe. It can be used to craft Bamboo-themed Furniture, Blocks, and Walls.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
|Bamboo Platform (2)||By Hand|
|Bamboo Work Bench|
|Bamboo Chandelier||Iron Anvil|
|Bamboo Candelabra||Work Bench|
|Bamboo Fence (4)|
|Bamboo Wall (4)|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike most other plants, bamboo tends to grow in very long intervals, sometimes taking up to 2 in-game days to fully grow to its maximum height.
- Though it may appear that growing Bamboo is harvestable using an axe, it actually requires a pickaxe.
- Bamboo can be grown outside the jungle biome by planting jungle grass under an appropriate amount of water.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124.0: Introduced.