Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
|Damage||55 / 40 (Melee)|
|Use time||14 (Very fast)|
The Bananarang is a Hardmode boomerang. Up to 10 Bananarangs can be stacked in one slot and thrown rapidly, similarly to Light Discs. They return to the owner once they hit an enemy, come in contact with a block, or reach the maximum range.
Bananarangs are dropped by Clowns in stacks of 1-4 with a chance of 3.33% (1/30).
In contrast to the Light Disc, Bananarangs do not ricochet and do not travel as far. However, the larger stack size and low delay between throws means that a player can keep an immense number of Bananarangs in the air at once. This makes them very good at dealing with flying monsters, as well as keeping crowds at bay.
The Bananarang cannot be reforged, and therefore cannot have modifiers.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, the Bananarang's autofire makes it quite powerful through most of Hardmode.
- Bananarangs are able to be obtained in the first Blood Moon in Hardmode. They inflict more damage than most Adamantite, or Titanium weapons.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Bananarangs could be a more viable option than the Light Discs, as they can be stacked to twice the maximum stack amount of Light Discs.
- It is advisable to use the Bananarang during early to mid Hardmode events as it is good for dealing with large amounts of enemies and is very fast.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Now autoswings.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Increased damage from 40 to 55.
- Increased use time from 7 (Insanely Fast) to 13 (Very Fast).
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.