|Damage||55 / 40 Melee|
|Use time||14 Very Fast|
The Bananarang is a Hardmode boomerang. Up to 10 Bananarangs can be stacked in one slot and thrown rapidly, similarly to Light Discs. They return to the owner once they hit an enemy, come in contact with a block, or reach the maximum range.
Bananarangs are dropped by Clowns in stacks of 1-4 with a chance of 3.33% (1/30).
In contrast to the Light Disc, Bananarangs do not ricochet and do not travel as far. However, the larger stack size and low delay between throws means that a player can keep an immense number of Bananarangs in the air at once. This makes them very good at dealing with flying monsters, as well as keeping crowds at bay.
The Bananarang cannot be reforged, and therefore cannot have modifiers.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, the Bananarang's autofire makes it quite powerful through most of Hardmode.
- Bananarangs are able to be obtained in the first Blood Moon in Hardmode. They inflict more damage than most Adamantite, or Titanium weapons.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Bananarangs could be a more viable option than the Light Discs, as they can be stacked to twice the maximum stack amount of Light Discs.
- It is advisable to use the Bananarang during early to mid Hardmode events as it is good for dealing with large amounts of enemies and is extremely fast.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Now autoswings.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Increased damage from 40 to 55.
- Increased use time from 7 (Insanely Fast) to 13 (Very Fast).
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.