The Barrel is a storage item that has 40 slots for storing items, similar to a Chest. The crafting recipe requires only half as much metal as for a Chest, but requires a Sawmill rather than a Work Bench. Other than this, the difference is purely aesthetic.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using Barrels instead of Chests conserves Iron/Lead Bars; a Barrel takes half as many Iron/Lead Bars as a Chest to craft. As of 1.3, dressers function as a storage item, removing the need for the metal entirely.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3: Placed storage items can now be renamed.
- Desktop 1.2: No longer requires a Hammer to break; needs a Pickaxe instead. Storage space doubled to 40, up from 20 previously.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.