- This page is about the crafting material. For the Bar furniture item, see Table.
Bars are crafting materials generally crafted from mined Ores at a Furnace. Crafting most ore-related items requires that raw Ores are first crafted into Bars.
There are currently 23 different Bar types. Obtaining most of these only requires their respective ores as crafting ingredients. Hellstone, Spectre, and Shroomite Bars are exceptions that require a secondary material in addition. Hallowed Bars are not crafted but are instead dropped by the Mechanical Bosses. Some Bars may also be obtained randomly from Crates.
- Bars can be placed like furniture, take up a 1x1 space, and are able to be stacked on top of each other. When placed in this manner, they can be used just like platforms, to stand on and drop down from, and furniture can be placed on top (torches also to the sides). These properties make them ideal to build fancy treasure rooms.
- When placed, bars cannot be placed horizontally without something under it; thus, you cannot make a house made of bars without the aid of other blocks under them.
- Although the maximum stack for bars is normally 99, Luminite Bars have a maximum stack size of 999.
- Added Tin Bar, Lead Bar, Tungsten Bar, Platinum Bar, Crimtane Bar, Palladium Bar, Orichalcum Bar, Titanium Bar, Hallowed Bar, Chlorophyte Bar, and Shroomite Bar.
- Bars are now placeable.