There are currently 23 different Bar types. Obtaining most of these only requires their respective ores as crafting ingredients. Hellstone, Spectre, and Shroomite Bars are exceptions that require a secondary material in addition. Hallowed Bars are not crafted but are instead dropped by the Mechanical Bosses. Some Bars may also be obtained randomly from Crates.
Types[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Bars can be placed like furniture, take up a 1x1 space, and are able to be stacked on top of each other. When placed in this manner, they can be used just like platforms, to stand on and drop down from, and furniture can be placed on top (torches also to the sides). These properties make them ideal for building treasure rooms.
- Bars cannot be placed without another block underneath them; this makes it impossible to build a house made of bars without the aid of other blocks. This mechanic makes breaking bars similar to cutting down trees, where breaking the bottom bar in a stack will break all bars above it.
- The only way to make placed bars 'float' would be to abuse the fact that Chests with items inside cannot be destroyed. Using bars as support under a such a chest would mean they cannot be destroyed until the chest is emptied. This allows them to float in-air without any supporting blocks.
- Although the maximum stack for bars is normally 99, Luminite Bars have a maximum stack size of 999.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2:
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Made the same changes from PS4’s 1.0.750.0 update. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: ()
- Introduced Spectre Bar and Luminite Bar.
- Retextured all bars.
- Console 1.02:
- Added Tin Bar, Lead Bar, Tungsten Bar, Platinum Bar, Crimtane Bar, Palladium Bar, Orichalcum Bar, Titanium Bar, Hallowed Bar, Chlorophyte Bar, and Shroomite Bar.
- Bars are now placeable.
- Console-Release: Introduced basic bars, along with Cobalt Bar, Mythril Bar, and Adamantite Bar.