From Terraria Wiki
Variants[edit | edit source]
Pre-Hardmode[edit | edit source]
|Cave Bat||16||13||2||90||Common Cavern/Underground enemy|
|Jungle Bat||34||20||4||80||Common Jungle enemy|
|Hellbat||46||35||8||1 20||Common Underworld enemy|
|Ice Bat||30||18||6||1 30||Common Underground Snow enemy, inflicts Chilled and rarely Frozen on contact|
Hardmode only[edit | edit source]
|Giant Bat||100||45||16||4||Common Cavern enemy, inflicts Confused on contact|
|Illuminant Bat||200||75||30||5||Common Hallow enemy|
|Lava Bat||160||50||16||4||Common Underworld enemy, only appears after defeating a Mechanical Boss|
|Slimer||60/90||45||20||1||Corruption enemy, changes form into a Slime when health is depleted|
|Giant Flying Fox||220||80||24||4||Jungle enemy, only spawns at night|
|Vampire||750||60/80||32/24||4||Solar Eclipse enemy, pursues player as a bat and transforms into humanoid form when near|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Bats are small, fast and their erratic behaviour will often annoy and irritate players. They can be a serious pain to newcomers without the Cobalt shield, which could knock players off ledges into lethal falls, or worse, a group of enemies.
- A normal tactic would be to avoid them; such as forcing them to fly into walls or alcoves to keep them away.
- If armed with a weapon with decent knockback, it would be sufficient to slay them close-up, because a swing is often completed before the bat returns.
- One might notice early that Broadswords are extremely effective with practice.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2: Ice Bat, Lava Bat, Vampire and Giant Flying Fox introduced.
- 1.1: Giant Bat, Slimer, and Illuminant Bat introduced.
- 1.0.6: Health of all bats reduced.
- Hellbat introduced.
- Bats no longer enter water.
- Bats now have a specific death sound effect.
- Cave Bat health and damage reduced.
- 1.0.4: Introduced. Cave Bat and Jungle Bat added.
| Bats |
|Cave • Jungle • Ice • Hellbat • Giant • Illuminant • Slimer Lava • Giant Flying Fox • Vampire • Pet|