|Knockback||3 (Very weak)|
|Use time||12 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons bats to attack your enemies|
The Bat Scepter is a Hardmode, post-Plantera magic weapon that auto-fires 1-3 homing bat projectiles per shot. The projectiles will not bounce off blocks, but will dissipate upon contact instead, unlike the Bee Gun and Wasp Gun. The Bat Scepter is dropped by Pumpking during the Pumpkin Moon event.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Bats will not start homing in on an enemy immediately. They must travel a certain distance first. Since bats are fired in a random cone pattern, and disappear rather than ricochet on contact with blocks, this restricts the number of bats that can hit an enemy in confined areas like the Dungeon.
- The projectiles cannot enter water or lava, but can enter Honey.
Tips[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is technically the Halloween version of the Bee Gun and Wasp Gun.
- The Bat Scepter makes the same sound as Wings when fired.
- On the Old-gen console version, it makes no sound when fired, but sounds like Wings when impacting.
- On the , it makes a subtle sound similar to that of Wings when fired. version
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Average Bats per cast increased from 2 to 2.5.
- Mana cost increased from 3 to 6.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced with mechanics from Desktop 188.8.131.52.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced with mechanics from Desktop 184.108.40.206.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced with mechanics from Desktop 220.127.116.11.