Bats are common flying enemies. They follow the Bat AI, randomly flying around and bumping into things while trying to make contact with the player. In Expert Mode, all types except for the Slimer have a chance to inflict the Feral Bite debuff on players.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Pre-Hardmode[edit | edit source]
|16||13||2||90||Common Cavern/Underground enemy|
|34||20||4||80||Common Jungle enemy|
|46||35||8||1 20||Common Underworld enemy|
|30||18||6||1 30||Common Underground Snow enemy, inflicts Chilled and rarely Frozen on contact|
Hardmode only[edit | edit source]
|100||45||16||4||Common Cavern enemy, inflicts Confused on contact|
|200||75||30||5||Common Hallow enemy|
|160||50||16||4||Common Underworld enemy, only appears after defeating a Mechanical Boss|
|60/90||45||20||1||Corruption enemy, changes form into a Slime when health is depleted|
|220||80||24||4||Jungle enemy, only spawns at night|
|750||60/80||32/24||4||Solar Eclipse enemy, pursues player as a bat and transforms into humanoid form when near|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Bats are small, fast and their erratic behaviour will often annoy and irritate players. They can be a serious pain to newcomers without the Cobalt shield, which could knock players off ledges into lethal falls, or worse, a group of enemies.
- A normal tactic would be to avoid them; such as forcing them to fly into walls or alcoves to keep them away.
- If armed with a weapon with decent knockback, it would be sufficient to slay them close-up, because a swing is often completed before the bat returns.
- One might notice early that Broadswords are extremely effective with practice.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Ice Bat, Lava Bat, Vampire and Giant Flying Fox introduced.
- Desktop 1.1: Giant Bat, Slimer, and Illuminant Bat introduced.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Health of all bats reduced.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Hellbat introduced.
- Bats no longer enter water.
- Bats now have a specific death sound effect.
- Cave Bat health and damage reduced.
- Desktop 1.0.4: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced. Cave Bat and Jungle Bat added.