Bats are common flying enemies. They follow the Bat AI, randomly flying around and bumping into things while trying to make contact with the player. In Expert mode , all types except for the Slimer have a chance to inflict the Feral Bite debuff on players.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Pre-Hardmode[edit | edit source]
|16 / 32 (140) (176)||13 / 26 (92) (116)||2 / 2 (8) (10)||Common Cavern/Underground enemy|
|34 / 68 (148) (224)||20 / 40 (72) (108)||4 / 4 (8) (12)||Common Jungle enemy|
|46 / 92 (100)||35 / 70 (62)||8||Common Underworld enemy|
|30 / 60 (132) (198)||18 / 36 (64) (96)||6 / 6 (12) (18)||Common Ice biome enemy, inflicts Chilled and rarely Frozen on contact|
Hardmode only[edit | edit source]
|100 / 200 (220)||45 / 90 (80)||16||Common Cavern enemy, inflicts Confused on contact|
|200 / 400||75 / 150||30||Common Hallow enemy|
|160 / 320||50 / 100||16||Common Underworld enemy, only appears after defeating a mechanical boss|
|60 / 120 (132)||45 / 90 (80)||20||Corruption enemy, changes form into a slime when health is depleted|
|220 / 440||80 / 160||24||Jungle enemy, only spawns at night|
|750 / 1500||80 / 160||24||Solar Eclipse enemy, pursues player as a bat and transforms into humanoid form when near|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Bats are small, fast and their erratic behavior will often annoy and irritate players. They can be a serious pain to newcomers without means of protecting against knockback, such as the Cobalt Shield, because players could be knocked off ledges into lethal falls, or worse, a group of enemies.
- A normal tactic would be to avoid them; such as forcing them to fly into walls or alcoves to keep them away.
- If armed with a weapon with decent knockback, it would be sufficient to slay them close-up, because a swing is often completed before the bat returns.
- One might notice early that broadswords are extremely effective with practice.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Ice Bat, Lava Bat, Vampire and Giant Flying Fox introduced.
- Desktop 1.1: Giant Bat, Slimer, and Illuminant Bat introduced.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Health of all bats reduced.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Hellbat introduced.
- Bats no longer enter water.
- Bats now have a specific death sound effect.
- Cave Bat health and damage reduced.
- Desktop 1.0.4: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced. Cave Bat and Jungle Bat added.