|Use time||16 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Increases enemy spawn rate|
|Buff duration||7 minutes|
|Buff tooltip||Increased enemy spawn rate|
The Battle Potion is a buff potion which grants the Battle buff when consumed. The buff increases the spawn rate of both enemies and critters alike by 50%, and doubles the maximum amount of enemies that can be on-screen at once. This lasts for 7 minutes, but can be cancelled at any time by right-clicking the icon (), by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu ( ), by using a pet summon (), or by canceling the buff from the buffs screen (). This effect stacks with that of the Water Candle.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Spawn rate effects like Battle Potions (and Water Candles) can be used to increase the spawn rates of events that do not have a set spawn rate, like the Blood Moon and Solar Eclipse.
- Battle Potions and Water Candles cannot be used to increase the spawn rates of events like the Pumpkin and Frost Moon. The spawn rates of these events override spawn rate effects.
- The Calming Potion has the opposite effect of the Battle Potion but as they are both potions, they are both considered buffs and as such can be canceled early. However, the Water Candle effect is classified as a debuff.
- The Battle Potion increases the spawn rates of NPCs, such as the Skeleton Merchant and bound Goblin Tinkerer, bound Mechanic, and bound Wizard.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When using this potion, beware when entering Dungeons, and even moreso Hardmode Dungeons. Spawn rates can get out of control and difficult to handle even for the best of players.
- Battle Potions can be used to farm affected events for rare drops, such as the Money Trough from the Blood Moon, Broken Hero Swords from the Solar Eclipse, and many items from the Pirate Invasion.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Sprite changed.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]
- User talk:0icke0: It seems that invasions overwrite the normal spawn rates, so the biome etc doesn't matter. Moreover it also overwrites spawn rate changes from Battle Potions and Water Candles.