The Battle Potion is a buff potion which grants the Battle buff when consumed. The buff increases the spawn rate of both enemies and critters alike by 50%, and doubles the maximum amount of monsters that can be on-screen at once. This lasts for 7 minutes, but can be cancelled at any time by right-clicking the icon, by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu, or by cancelling the buff from the buffs screen. This effect stacks with that of the Water Candle.
- When using this potion, beware when entering Dungeons, and even moreso Hardmode Dungeons. Spawn rates can get out of control and unhandleable even for the best of players.
- Spawn rate effects like Battle Potions (and Water Candles) can be used to increase the spawn rates of events that do not have a set spawn rate, like the Blood Moon and Solar Eclipse.
- Battle Potions and Water Candles can not be used to increase the spawn rates of events like the Pumpkin and Frost Moon. The spawn rates of these events override spawn rate effects.
- The Calming Potion has the opposite effect of the Battle Potion but as they're both potions, they're both considered buffs and as such can be canceled early. However, the Water Candle effect is classified as a debuff.
- The Battle Potion increases the spawn rates of NPCs, such as the bound Wizard, Skeleton Merchant and the bound Mechanic.
- ↑ User talk:0icke0: It seems that invasions overwrite the normal spawn rates, so the biome etc doesn't matter. Moreover it also overwrites spawn rate changes from Battle Potions and Water Candles.