- Beach Ball
The Beach Ball is a novelty item. Using it creates an interactive beach ball for players to bounce around. After 2 seconds of sitting still or coming to a full stop and then being tapped, it reverts to its item form which can be picked up and reused.
- On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, the Beach Ball can be purchased from the Party Girl for 20, but cannot be found in Water Chests.
- On the Old-gen console version and it cannot be purchased, and can instead be found in Water Chests. version
If the Beach Ball is hit more than 10 times without it touching the ground, a status message appears saying "Beach Ball was hit <number of times> times before touching the ground!"
Physics[edit | edit source]
- The Beach Ball reacts to blocks, doors, and liquid as boundaries and will bounce off them normally.
- When touching players, the ball reacts as though it were struck, repelling away with increased velocity. This occurs even for players standing still, but more so if they are in motion, which can easily send the ball flying off-screen.
- The Beach Ball is not affected by NPCs or furniture, used on them will simply pass through without interacting.
- Beach ball may react if touched by some pets.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the Beach Ball travels off the left or right edges of the map, it often cannot be retrieved, and presumably despawns.
- The Beach Ball is considered a projectile, and will therefore activate Teal Pressure Pads.
- A few items of interest are the Water Gun and the Rainbow Gun, which interact with the beach ball, and the Starlight, which does not.
- The beach ball can be used to play some sports, such as soccer and volleyball.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Now sold by the Party Girl instead of found in Water Chests. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Now sold by the Party Girl instead of found in Water Chests. ()
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.