Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- Beach Ball
The Beach Ball is a novelty item. Using it creates an interactive beach ball for players to bounce around. After 2 seconds of sitting still or coming to a full stop and then being tapped, it reverts to its item form which can be picked up and reused.
- On the Desktop version and Console version, the Beach Ball can be purchased from the Party Girl for 20 , but cannot be found in Water Chests.
- On the Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and it cannot be purchased, and can instead be found in Water Chests. version
If the Beach Ball is hit more than 10 times without it touching the ground, a status message appears saying 'Beach Ball was hit X times before hitting the ground.'
Physics[edit | edit source]
- The Beach Ball reacts to blocks, doors, and liquid as boundaries and will bounce off them normally.
- When touching players, the ball reacts as though it were struck, repelling away with increased velocity. This occurs even for players standing still, but more so if they are in motion, which can easily send the ball flying off-screen.
- The Beach Ball is not affected by NPCs or furniture, and weapons or tools used on them will simply pass through without interacting.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the Beach Ball travels off the left or right edges of the map, it often cannot be retrieved, and presumably despawns.
- The Beach Ball is considered a projectile, and will therefore activate Teal Pressure Pads.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Now sold by the Party Girl instead of found in Water Chests. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Now sold by the Party Girl instead of found in Water Chests. ()
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.