|Use time||15 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Shoots a beam of light|
- Sword Beam
|End of projectile|
The Beam Sword is a rare Hardmode sword that fires a gold-colored projectile which also emits a small amount of light. It can be swung more frequently than its projectile can fire. It has a 1/150 (0.67%) chance of being dropped by Armored Skeletons.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The beam cannot penetrate blocks or enemies. This allows it to ignore any piercing invincibility frames that enemies gain from being hit by the sword.
- The beam has an internal cooldown of approximately 1 second. The weapon cannot be switched to another item while the beam is on cooldown. The end of the cooldown is signaled by the same sound as the player's mana refilling.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Frostbrand is a slightly weaker alternative to the Beam Sword that can autoswing and pierce one enemy with its projectile.
- The Beam Sword sword is very similar to the Enchanted Sword, in appearance and in effect.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.