- Internal Tile ID: 124, 561, 574 - 578
Beams or columns are background furniture items that provide support for torches and can be used as decoration. They form continuous vertical pillars when stacked. They are found naturally in Underground Cabins, and can be crafted.
Beams and columns can be stacked from the ground, and exist in the background, providing support for suspended torches that will not inhibit character movement. In this way, beams and columns provide a function similar to trees (which also exist in the background and allow the player to suspend high torches), but which the player can construct where they like. Where background walls exist, beams and columns can also be placed in "midair", without support from below.
Despite their appearance as background walls, beams and columns instead share a layer with other furniture items (like tables, torches, statues, Switches, timers, etc.), thus the two cannot share the same tile space. They can also prevent a door from opening.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Internal Item ID: 4717(2)
Internal Item ID: 4719(2)
Internal Item ID: 4554(2)
Internal Item ID: 4721(2)
|Rich Mahogany Beam|
Internal Item ID: 4718(2)
Internal Item ID: 4720(2)
Internal Item ID: 480(2)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite their names, the Adamantite Beam and Palladium Column do not count as beams. Instead, they are types of blocks.
- Prior to 1.2, Wooden Beams presented the only method of placing suspended Torches without foreground blocks for them to attach to. As Torches can be placed directly on background walls in 1.2, Wooden Beams are far less functional within houses. They can still be helpful in other places where background walls are not present.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Added Boreal Beam, Granite Column, Marble Column, Mushroom Beam, Rich Mahogany Beam, and Sandstone Column.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit of Wooden Beams increased from 250 to 999.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced Wooden Beams.
- Console-Release: Introduced Wooden Beams.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced Wooden Beams.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced Wooden Beams.