Bees are small flying enemies that are spawned by the Queen Bee boss in the Underground Jungle, and will also appear when destroying a beehive and occasionally when mining hive blocks that make up giant underground Bee Hives. They are not to be confused with summoned bees from the Bee Gun, the Bee Keeper, The Bee's Knees, the Beenade or the Honey Comb. Bees are immune to the Poisoned and Venom debuffs. In Expert mode, they will inflict the Poisoned debuff to players.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike summoned Bees, these bees do not die/despawn when entering water.
- The damage done by bees is greatly increased in hardmode if you are playing on an expert mode world. This can easily catch players off guard , as bees are normally easily dealt with at this stage of the game.
- They don't drop Souls of Light, Souls of Night, Biome Keys, or Biome Key Molds.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Since they can spawn from hive blocks, it is recommended that you enter the hive with caution, even though they have almost no defense (2 and 5) and very little health. A pickaxe will kill them, even those made of copper. Even with this, breaking too many hives at once can cause a player with low-tier armor to die if not careful.
See also[edit | edit source]
- enemy - similar, but much more dangerous
- Bee Mount - a rideable bee mount
- Hornet minion - a hornet minion which fights enemies
- Baby Hornet pet - a hornet pet (which will not fight)
- Tiphia pet - a tiphia pet (which will do 1 damage to enemies every ~0.3 seconds, but not chase them)
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.