Bees are small flying enemies that are spawned by the Queen Bee boss in the Underground Jungle, and will also appear when destroying a beehive and occasionally when mining hive blocks that make up giant underground Bee Hives. They are not to be confused with summoned bees from the Bee Gun, the Bee Keeper, The Bee's Knees, the Beenade or the Honey Comb. Bees are immune to the Poisoned and Venom debuffs. In Expert mode, they will inflict the Poisoned debuff to players.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike summoned Bees, these bees do not die/despawn when entering water.
- In Expert mode , the damage done by Bees is greatly increased in Hardmode. This can catch players off guard, as Bees are normally easily dealt with at this stage of the game.
- Bees do not drop Souls of Light, Souls of Night, Biome Keys, or Biome Key Molds.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Since Bees can spawn from Hive blocks, it is recommended that the Bee Hive is entered with caution, even though they have little defense and health. While even the lowest-tier pickaxe is capable of killing them, breaking too many Hives at once can overwhelm a player with low-tier armor.
See also[edit | edit source]
- enemy - similar, but much more dangerous
- Bee Mount - a rideable bee mount
- Hornet minion - a hornet minion which fights enemies
- Baby Hornet pet - a hornet pet (which will not fight)
- Tiphia pet - a tiphia pet (which will do 1 damage to enemies every ~0.3 seconds, but not chase them)
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.