|Knockback||0 (No Knockback)|
|Use time||12 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Shoots bees that will chase your enemy|
- Internal Item ID: 1121
The Bee Gun is a magic weapon that fires one to four homing, piercing bee projectiles which can ricochet up to three times before dissipating, home in on enemies within close enough range, and latch on to them, dealing constant damage. They do not deal any knockback. The Bee Gun has a 33% chance to be dropped by Queen Bee.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Bees will dissipate on contact with water or lava, but not honey. Bees will not home in on enemies in water or lava.
- The Bee Gun is not affected by the Bee armor, despite the achievement.
- Like all homing weapons, the bees will not attack players in PvP, but will knockback other players if hit directly.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Despite having a base damage of only 9, the Bee Gun can easily overwhelm enemies if the right gear is used.
- The Bee Gun provides excellent crowd control especially when focusing the bees against enemies in a confined space, such as the Dungeon.
- It is effective for making money when combined with the Lucky Coin.
- The Hive Pack increases the damage of the bees, possibly keeping the Bee Gun viable until early Hardmode.
- The Bee Gun can be convenient in the Underground Jungle because the bees clear vines when bouncing around, aiding player vision. Note that they will likely also break Beehives.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The achievement named "Not the Bees!" is a reference to the infamous line in the 2006 horror film The Wicker Man.
- The Wasp Gun can be considered an upgraded Hardmode version of the Bee Gun.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.4: Mana usage decreased from 6 to 5, damage increased from 8 to 9.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Damage increased from 7 to 8, sell price reduced from 5 to 3 .
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.