|Knockback||0 (No Knockback)|
|Use time||12 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Shoots bees that will chase your enemy|
- Internal Item ID: 1121
The Bee Gun is a magic weapon that fires 1-4 homing bee projectiles that can ricochet up to three times before dissipating, and homes in on enemies within close enough range and latches on to them, dealing constant damage. Despite having a base damage of only 9, the Bee Gun can easily overwhelm enemies if the right gear is used. The bees shot from this weapon do not deal any knockback. It has a 33% chance to be dropped by Queen Bee.
Its best Modifier is Murderous as it cannot obtain any modifier that affects knockback.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Bees will dissipate on contact with water or lava, but not honey. Bees will not home in on enemies in water or lava.
- Is not affected by the Bee Armor, despite the achievement.
- Like all homing weapons, the bees will not attack players in PvP, but will knockback other players if hit directly.
- The Wasp Gun is considered a Hardmode, upgraded version.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Excellent crowd control especially when focusing the bees against enemies in a confined space and bosses' minions.
- Effective against flying enemies and bosses, and in the Dungeon.
- Effective money maker when combined with the Lucky Coin.
- If your world is in Expert mode, combining this with the Hive Pack would cause most of the bees to deal more damage, making this weapon pretty powerful, perhaps even useful through a bit of early Hardmode.
- A good tactic against bosses is to get in an enclosed room and fire bees before even summoning the boss. The bees will bounce off walls and you'll have a small army of bees waiting for the boss. This tactic isn't good against fast bosses since the bees won't be able to catch up before they leave the room. This is an easy way to kill bosses like Skeletron pre-Hardmode.
- Convenient in the Underground Jungle because the bees clear vines when bouncing around, aiding player vision.
- It is not optimal to use this weapon against bosses and other enemies that can go through blocks, as the bees only home on targets that aren't in walls or behind walls
- This weapon is useful with Orichalcum armor since the bees trigger its effect so you can shoot and take cover while the bees and the armor kill the enemy.
- During night, it may be useful to fire off bees and see where they go to scout out enemies.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The achievement named "Not the Bees!" is a reference to the infamous line in the film The Wicker Man.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.4: Mana usage decreased from 6 to 5, damage increased from 8 to 9.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Damage increased from 7 to 8, sell price reduced from 5 to 3 .
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.