A Bee Hive is a mini-biome located in the Underground Jungle. The hive itself is made from Hive blocks; on the interior, it contains pools of honey and typically one Larva. Destroying the Larva summons the Queen Bee. Any projectile, tool, weapon, or enemy will destroy the Larva with a single hit, so caution should be taken around the Larva if the player is not ready to fight the Queen Bee.
Contents[edit | edit source]
- Bee Gun
- Bee Keeper
- The Bee's Knees
- Honey Comb
- Hive Wand
- Bee Hat
- Bee Shirt
- Bee Pants
- Bee Minecart
- Queen Bee Trophy
- Bottled Honey
- Queen Bee Mask
- Bee Wax
- Honeyed Goggles
- Treasure Bag (Queen Bee)(Drops the Hive Pack in Expert Mode)
- Sparkling Honey(Dropped rarely in Master Mode)
- Queen Bee Relic(Dropped in Master Mode)
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Honey and Honey Blocks naturally spawn in small amounts near (but outside) Bee Hives, which can help locate one.
- The bottom of the hive will be filled with Honey. Standing in the honey provides a regeneration buff, but greatly slows the player's movement, and makes dodging difficult. If a player is stuck in the honey pool when they accidentally spawn Queen Bee, they will be acutely vulnerable and likely take many hits before they can escape. Placing platforms can help avoid falling into the honey pool. (But don't place platforms or anything else on a Larva, that will break it!)
- A Larva can be hidden under the surface of the honey. If a hive seems not to have a visible Larva (or a large hive has only one) the player should be very cautious about using weapons in the honey or shooting into it, lest they face a surprise attack from the Queen Bee.
- Any water poured onto the honey will create honey blocks. If a Larva is partly submerged or just under the surface, the forming blocks will break the Larva, summoning Queen Bee as usual.
- If a hive is large enough, it can be made into a decent arena by (optionally) clearing the walls of the hive and adding platforms. This is not only useful for the Queen Bee fight, but also for the Plantera fight.
- Wearing Chlorophyte armor or Orichalcum armor in the Underground Jungle is risky; either set bonus can accidentally break a Larva somewhere in the distance, setting off an unexpected Queen Bee fight. At this point the player should be fairly well equipped with Hardmode gear, but even so, a player can be caught off-guard.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Bee Hives usually have one Larva, but larger hives can contain two Larvae, and smaller hives have a low chance of not containing any Larva.
- Very rarely, two Bee Hives can overlap, making one giant Bee Hive.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.4: Increased chances of generating more at world creation.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]
- Information taken from the Desktop 188.8.131.52 source code, method
). Note that it is possible, but very unlikely, that some worlds may have fewer than the listed amounts; also, some special world seeds have unusual amounts, sizes, and shapes of hives.