- For the background object, see Beehive.
A Bee Hive is a mini-biome located in the Underground Jungle. The hive itself is made from Hive blocks; on the interior, it contains pools of Honey and typically one Larva. Destroying the Larva summons the Queen Bee. Any projectile, tool, weapon, or enemy will destroy the Larva with a single hit, so caution should be taken around the Larva if the player is not ready to fight the Queen Bee.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the hive appears to not have any visible Larvae, be cautious of using your weapons under Honey as you put yourself at risk of accidentally hitting any hidden Larvae, as the Larvae may spawn under the surface of the Honey. This may result in a surprise attack from the Queen Bee.
- Very rarely, there may be 2 beehives combined together, making 1 giant beehive. This can also result in 2 larvae in the same beehive.
- Certain Mobile version pets are also capable of breaking the larva.
- Breaking Hive blocks will result in the spawning of a Bee and Honey, and breaking too much at a time could possibly overwhelm the player.
- Be wary of any water that gets poured onto the honey when the Larva is partly submerged into the honey pool, since water and honey create honey blocks. This will break the Larva, causing an unwanted fight to occur.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Honey forms pools at the bottom of hives. The honey provides a regeneration buff, but it will greatly slow the player's mobility and make dodging difficult. Being stuck in the honey pool, combined with your ability to unintentionally spawn Queen Bee when hitting the larvae, can leave you susceptible to many hits from Queen Bee.
- Honey and Honey Blocks spawn naturally in small amounts in the vicinity of a Bee Hive, which can help in locating one.
- If the hive is large enough, one may be able to construct an arena out of it by clearing the walls of the hive and adding Wooden Platforms. This is not only useful for the Queen Bee fight, but also for the Plantera fight.
- Wearing Chlorophyte Armor or Orichalcum Armor in the Underground Jungle may cause an unwanted Queen Bee fight to occur, as the armor's set bonus may accidentally break a Larva somewhere in the distance. While at this point the player may be better equipped with Hardmode gear, provoking Queen Bee this way can catch a player off guard if they are not prepared.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The size of Bee Hives can influence the number of Larvae. Bee Hives usually have 1 larvae. Larger Hives can contain 2 Larvae, and smaller Hives have a low chance of not containing Larvae.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.4: Increased chances of generating more at world creation.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.