A Bee Hive is a mini-biome located in the Underground Jungle. The hive itself is made from Hive blocks; on the interior, it contains pools of honey and typically one Larva. Destroying the Larva summons the Queen Bee. Any projectile, tool, weapon, or enemy will destroy the Larva with a single hit, so caution should be taken around the Larva if the player is not ready to fight the Queen Bee.
- Honey and Honey Blocks spawn naturally in small amounts in the vicinity of a Bee Hive, which can help in locating one.
- Honey forms pools at the bottom of hives. The honey provides a regeneration buff, but it will greatly slow the player's mobility and make dodging difficult. Being stuck in the honey pool, combined with the ability to unintentionally spawn Queen Bee when hitting the larvae, can leave one susceptible to many hits from Queen Bee.
- If the hive appears to not have any visible Larvae, the player should be cautious of using weapons under honey as they put themselves at risk of accidentally hitting any hidden Larvae, as the Larvae may spawn under the surface of the honey. This may result in a surprise attack from the Queen Bee.
- Be wary of any water that gets poured onto the honey when the Larva is partly submerged into the honey pool, since water and honey create honey blocks. This will break the Larva, causing an unwanted fight to occur.
- If the hive is large enough, one may be able to construct an arena out of it by clearing the walls of the hive and adding platforms. This is not only useful for the Queen Bee fight, but also for the Plantera fight.
- Wearing Chlorophyte armor or Orichalcum armor in the Underground Jungle may cause an unwanted Queen Bee fight to occur, as the armor's set bonus may accidentally break a Larva somewhere in the distance. Although at this point the player should be better equipped with Hardmode gear, provoking Queen Bee this way may catch a player off-guard.
- The size of Bee Hives can influence the number of Larvae. Bee Hives usually have one Larva. Larger hives can contain two Larvae, and smaller hives have a low chance of not containing any Larva.
- Very rarely, there may be two Bee Hives combined together, making one giant Bee Hive.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Increased chances of generating more at world creation.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.