Bee Hive (item)
The Bee Hive is a natural trap which spawns over time under Jungle grass ceilings of the Jungle and Underground Jungle. When a Bee Hive is hit, it falls to the ground. Upon impact, it breaks, releasing two or three Bees and sometimes a Hornet as well.
On the Desktop version, it can be crafted and placed manually.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the Bee Hive falls into water, it will not release any Bees or Hornets.
- Regardless, Bee Hives can spawn in water.
- Since the Bees are spawned at the point of impact with the ground, a long fall can put them far enough from the player to be instantly despawned.
- Bee Hives are not recoverable, and cannot be placed in the player's inventory.
- On the Desktop version and Mobile version, the Bee Hive has the ability to roll before being destroyed. However, it does not deal damage to the player on contact.
- Bee Hives have a chance to drop upon shaking a Jungle tree. They will drop as projectiles that will break, not as collectible items.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1: Can now be crafted.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.1372.5: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.895.9: Introduced.