Bee Hive (item)
- Bee Hive
The Bee Hive is a natural trap which spawns over time under Jungle grass ceilings of the Jungle and Underground Jungle. When a Bee Hive is hit, it falls to the ground. Upon impact, it breaks, releasing 2–5 Bees, and, on the Console version, also has a
25*1/4 (25%) chance of releasing a single Hornet.
On the Desktop version, it can be crafted and placed manually.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the Bee Hive falls into water, it will not release any Bees or Hornets.
- Regardless, Bee Hives can spawn in water.
- Since the Bees are spawned at the point of impact with the ground, a long fall can put them far enough from the player to be instantly despawned.
- Placed Bee Hives are not recoverable, and cannot be placed in the player's inventory.
- On the Desktop version and Mobile version, the Bee Hive has the ability to roll before being destroyed. However, it does not deal damage to the player on contact.
- Bee Hives have a chance to drop upon shaking a Jungle tree. They will drop as projectiles that will break, not as collectible items.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Bees will no longer spawn if more than 100 enemies, critters and NPCs are active in the world.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Can now be crafted.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- No longer has a chance to spawn a Hornet upon impact.
- Can now drop from shaking a Jungle tree.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.1372.5: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.895.9: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168.0: Introduced.