|Damage||26 / 22 (Melee)|
|Use time||19 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip|| Summons killer bees after striking your foe
Small chance to cause confusion
|Debuff tooltip||Movement is reversed|
|Internal Item ID: 1123|
The Bee Keeper is a pre-Hardmode Sword that has a 33% chance to be obtained by killing the Queen Bee. Upon attacking an enemy it summons friendly killer Bees (1-3 bees each hit, 12 damage each), and has a 10% chance of inflicting the Confused debuff on the struck enemy.
It is capable of auto-swing.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is the only weapon capable of inflicting the Confused debuff pre-hardmode.
- The Bees can pierce enemies a number of times and can home in on the same one over many times.
- The Bees may be destroyed upon hitting liquids or solid blocks.
- Armor penetration effects (from both the Shark Tooth Necklace and the Sharpening Station) also affect the damage done by the summoned bees, granting bonus damage to all hits from them too.
- The bees are very helpful for crowd control, as they can not only finish off enemies damaged by the sword, but hurt or kill any others in the vicinity.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using the Bee Keeper on the Eater of Worlds will release many bees if it moves right through the sword's swinging area.
- The Bee Keeper can be useful even in Hardmode because of its ability to cause confusion and deal decent damage at the same time.
History[edit | edit source]
- 188.8.131.52: Fixed Bee Keeper proccing its effects on dummies.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Projectile Melee Weapons |
|Sword Projectiles||• • • • •|
|Other Projectiles||• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Projectile Only||• • • •|