|Damage||26 / 22 Melee|
|Use time||20 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Summons killer bees after striking your foe|
Small chance to cause confusion
|Debuff tooltip||Movement is reversed|
The Bee Keeper is a Pre-Hardmode Sword that has a 33% chance to be obtained by killing the Queen Bee. Upon attacking an enemy it summons friendly killer Bees (1-3 / 1-4 bees each hit), and has a 10% chance of inflicting the Confused debuff on the struck enemy.
It is capable of auto-swing.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Bees summoned by the Bee Keeper deal 8-9 / 9-11 damage, with regular bees potentially dealing 1 extra damage and Hive Pack bees potentially dealing up to 1-4 extra damage. The Hive Pack also grants an additional 33% chance for an extra bee to be summoned.
- It is the only weapon capable of inflicting the Confused debuff pre-hardmode.
- The Bees can pierce enemies a number of times and can home in on the same one over many times.
- The Bees may be destroyed upon hitting liquids or solid blocks.
- Each time the Bees bounce off a wall or enter liquid, they lose one point towards to piercing enemies.
- Armor penetration effects (from both the Shark Tooth Necklace and the Sharpening Station) also affect the damage done by the summoned bees, granting bonus damage to all hits from them too.
- The bees are very helpful for crowd control, as they can not only finish off enemies damaged by the sword, but hurt or kill any others in the vicinity.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using the Bee Keeper on the Eater of Worlds will release many bees if it moves right through the sword's swinging area.
- The Bee Keeper can be useful even in Hardmode because of its ability to cause confusion and deal decent damage at the same time.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Fixed Bee Keeper producing its effects on dummies.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.