|Damage||26 / 22 (Melee)|
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons killer bees after striking your foe|
Small chance to cause confusion
The Bee Keeper is a pre-Hardmode broadsword that has a 33% chance to drop from the Queen Bee. Upon attacking an enemy, it summons friendly Bees (1-3 / 1-4 bees each hit), and has a 90% chance of inflicting the Confused debuff on the struck enemy.
It is capable of autoswing.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Bees summoned by the Bee Keeper deal 8-9 / 9-11 damage, with regular bees potentially dealing 1 extra damage and Hive Pack bees potentially dealing up to 1-4 extra damage. The Hive Pack also grants an additional 33% chance for an extra bee to be summoned.
- The Bees can pierce enemies a number of times and can home in on the same one many times.
- The Bees may be destroyed upon hitting liquids or solid blocks.
- Each time the Bees bounce off a wall or enter liquid, they lose one "point" towards piercing enemies.
- Armor penetration effects (from both the Shark Tooth Necklace and the Sharpening Station) also affect the damage done by the summoned bees, granting bonus damage to all hits from them too.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using the Bee Keeper on the Eater of Worlds and The Destroyer will release many bees if it moves right through the sword's swinging area.
- The Bee Keeper can be useful even in Hardmode because of its ability to cause Confusion and deal decent damage at the same time, especially with the bees.
- The Bees are very helpful for crowd control, as they can not only finish off enemies damaged by the sword, but hurt or kill any other enemies in the vicinity.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bee Keeper is the only pre-Hardmode weapon that is capable of inflicting the Confused debuff.
- The Bee Keeper's name is based off of real beekeepers, who are responsible for collecting honey from the hives.
- Despite the item Tooltip stating the sword has a small chance of causing confusion, it has a 90% chance to do so. This is most likely a mistake.
- The Bee Keeper's Confused effect strangely works on other players, despite most such debuffs normally being disabled in PvP.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Damage increased from 24 to 26.
- Use time decreased from 22 to 20.
- Knockback increased from 5 to 5.3.
- Now autoswings again.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Sprite updated.
- Damage decreased from 26 to 24.
- Use time increased from 20 to 22.
- Knockback decreased from 5.3 to 5.
- Is no longer autoswing.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Fixed Bee Keeper producing its effects on dummies.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.