The item(s) described on this page exist as functional game items, but are only naturally generated and cannot be collected.
The Beehive is a natural trap which spawns over time under jungle grass ceilings of the Jungle and Underground Jungle. When a Beehive is hit, it falls to the ground. Upon impact, it breaks, releasing two or three bees and sometimes a hornet as well.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the Beehive falls into water, it will not release any bees or hornets.
- Since the bees are spawned at the point of impact with the ground, a long fall can put them far enough from the player to be instantly despawned.
- Beehives are not recoverable, and cannot be placed in your inventory.
- Beehives can spawn in water.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.1372.5: Introduced.