- Internal Tile ID: 444
The Beehive is a natural trap which spawns over time under jungle grass ceilings of the Jungle and Underground Jungle. When a Beehive is hit, it falls to the ground. Upon impact, it breaks, releasing two or three bees and sometimes a hornet as well.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the Beehive falls into water, it will not release any bees or hornets.
- Since the bees are spawned at the point of impact with the ground, a long fall can put them far enough from the player to be instantly despawned.
- Beehives are not recoverable, and cannot be placed in your inventory.
- Beehives can spawn in water.
- In Desktop version, the Beehive has the ability to roll before being destroyed. However it does not deal damage to player on contact.
- When you shake a jungle tree on Desktop version, it has a chance to drop a beehive.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.1372.5: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.895.9: Introduced.