|Buff tooltip||Wants all the honeys |
Don't let it sting you
Beeswax summons a pet Tiphia (which was once called a 'Hornet') when used. It grants the Pet Tiphia buff that lasts until the player manually cancels it by selecting the buff's icon in the buff menu, or if the player dies. The pet can deal 1-5 damage to an enemy if it runs into one, although it will not follow it.
This pet will not teleport to the player when it is far away.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This item used to be called 'Honeycomb.' To avoid confusion with the accessory, Honey Comb, it was renamed 'Beeswax', although, this can still cause confusion with Bee Wax .
- If this was in a player’s inventory, it was replaced with a Gold Bunny upon updating.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name of the pet comes from tiphia, a genus of wasps. Despite it's name, the pet actually bears only little resemblance to the members of the genus.
See also[edit | edit source]
- enemy sharing almost the exact same appearance - an
- Bee Mount - a rideable bee mount
- Hornet minion - a hornet minion which fights enemies
- Baby Hornet pet - a hornet pet (which will not fight)
- enemy of similar appearance - a very small
References[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Console 1.0.933.1: Removed and replaced with a Gold Bunny. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Removed and replaced with a Gold Bunny. ()
- Console 1.02: Renamed from “Honeycomb” to “Beeswax”. Now dropped by Dragon Hornets.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Removed and replaced with a Gold Bunny.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Renamed from “Honeycomb” to “Beeswax”. Now dropped by Dragon Hornets.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced, dropped by Dragon Hornets and named “Beeswax”.