There are three types of beetle: The Cochineal Beetle that spawns in the Cavern layer, the Cyan Beetle that spawns in the Underground Snow biome and the Lac Beetle that spawns in the Underground Jungle biome. They respectively drop the Red Husk, the Cyan Husk and the Violet Husk which can be used to respectively make the Red Dye, the Cyan Dye, and Violet Dye.
Types[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite their primary purpose being to provide dye crafting material, these can do substantial damage, especially to players who mistake them for passive Critters.
- The Cyan Beetle spawns rarely and can be hard to spot due to its small size and blue color which blends well with the Snow Biome. Use of Water Candles, Battle Potions and Hunter Potions is recommended when trying to hunt it for the Cyan Dye.
- The Cyan Beetle seems to be more rare in the Console version.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Cochineal Beetle and the Lac Beetle exists in real life, but they are a scale insect, not a beetle. It secretes lac, which can be used as dye or converted into shellac, a brush-on colorant, food glaze and wood finish.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.