|Environment||Old One's Army|
|AI Type||Betsy AI|
|Damage||80 / 104 (melee)|
120 (Flame Breath)
|Max Life||50000 / 75000|
|Debuff duration||10 seconds / 20 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 551
Betsy is a Hardmode, post-Golem boss that spawns in the 7th (the last) wave of the Old One's Army event. Like all enemies in the Old One's Army, it will despawn upon completion or failure of the event. When Betsy is defeated, the progress of wave 7 will reach 100% and the event will be completed.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- The way Betsy attacks is in a similar manner to Duke Fishron since she flies and spews projectiles. Unlike Duke Fishron, however, she does not have additional phases as a boss.
- Unlike most enemies present in the Old One's Army, Betsy will charge directly at the player and won't attack the Eternia Crystal itself unless the player moves far enough from Betsy.
- Betsy alternates between four attacks:
- She flies in a large loop, before dashing at the player multiple times.
- She goes to the edge of the screen, and flies horizontally, breathing a constant stream of fire downwards.
- She launches many smaller fireballs that are affected by gravity.
- She stands in place, and roars. Two Etherian Wyverns will then appear beside her.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The progress of Wave 7 increases as the boss takes damage.
- Betsy is one of the two Wyvern-like enemies that does not possess the Worm AI. This trait is shared with Etherian Wyverns.
- While Betsy does drop a Treasure Bag in Expert Mode, she does not have an Expert Mode-exclusive item.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The On Fire! debuff negates life regen from Nebula armor's set bonus. If you are unable to avoid Betsy's fire breath attack, it might make the armor ineffective.
- Use Bubble blocks to make a floating pool of water to cancel the On Fire debuff. Honey will also cancel the debuff and also give extra life regeneration, but slows down movement in it.
- The Obsidian Skin Potion can prevent the On Fire! debuff, however the initial hit from the attacks will still damage the player.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before 188.8.131.52, it was the enemy that increased the progress of wave/invasion type event by the most. It added 100% to the progress of the final wave, a lot more than Pumpking on wave 15 and Ice Queen on wave 20.
- The boss is based on the Betsy boss from Dungeon Defenders 2, as the 1.3.4 update brought a crossover event between the two games.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Betsy at Dungeon Defenders 2 Wiki.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Progress bar changed.
- Desktop 1.3.4: Introduced.