|Environment||Old One's Army|
|AI Type||Betsy AI|
|Damage|| 80 / 104 (melee)|
|Max Life||50000 / 75000|
(Breath attack) 100% chance
|Debuff duration||10 seconds / 20 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
|Internal NPC ID: 551|
|Desktop-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the desktop version of Terraria.|
Betsy is a Hardmode, post-Golem boss that spawns in the 7th (the last) wave of the Old One's Army event. Like all enemies in the Old One's Army, it will despawn upon completion or failure of the event. When Betsy is defeated, the progress of wave 7 will reach 100% and the event will be completed.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- The way Betsy attacks is a similar manner to Duke Fishron since she flies and spews projectiles. Unlike Duke Fishron, however, she does not have additional phases as a boss.
- Unlike most enemies present in the Old One's Army, Betsy will charge directly at the player and won't attack the Eternia Crystal itself unless the player moves far enough from Betsy.
- Betsy alternates between four attacks:
- She flies in a large loop, before dashing at the player multiple times.
- She goes to the edge of the screen, and flies horizontally, breathing a constant stream of fire downwards.
- She launches many smaller fireballs that are affected by gravity.
- She stands in place, and roars. Two Etherian Wyverns will then appear beside her.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The progress of Wave 7 increases as the boss takes damage.
- It is one of the two wyverns that doesn't have the Worm AI along with Etherian Wyverns.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The On Fire! debuff negates life regen from Nebula armor's set bonus. If you are unable to avoid Betsy's fire breath attack, it might make the armor ineffective.
- Use Bubble blocks to make a floating pool of water to cancel the On Fire debuff. Honey will also cancel the debuff and also give extra life regeneration, but slows down movement in it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before 126.96.36.199, it was the enemy that increased the progress of wave/invasion type event by the most. It added 100% to the progress of the final wave, a lot more than Pumpking on wave 15 and Ice Queen on wave 20.
- The boss is based on the Betsy boss from Dungeon Defenders 2, as the 1.3.4 update brought a crossover event between the two games.
- Betsy closely resembles the legendary wyvern, the distant, lesser cousin to the dragon. The most notable differences between wyverns and dragons are that they have two legs, are smaller, weaker, not as intelligent, and usually lack the ability to breathe fire or to speak.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Betsy at Dungeon Defenders 2 Wiki
History[edit | edit source]
| Old One's Army Enemies |
|Melee Enemies||Etherian Goblin • Etherian Goblin Bomber • Kobold • Wither Beast • Old One's Skeleton|
|Ranged Enemies||Drakin • Etherian Javelin Thrower • Etherian Lightning Bug • Etherian Wyvern • Kobold Glider|
|Bosses||Dark Mage • Ogre • Betsy|