We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
- Internal Item ID: 1299
The Binoculars are an item that can be held in order to shift the player's view based on the cursor location. They must be placed in the hotbar and selected. While highlighted in the hotbar, the screen view is scrolled a short distance away from the character, following the mouse pointer. The view becomes centered not on the player, but on a point almost halfway between the player and the cursor.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Binoculars operate similarly to the Rifle Scope, Sniper Rifle and Sniper Scope, but without the need to right-click with a gun being held.
- Viewing an adjacent biome can cause the music and background view to change to those of the adjacent biome. The same effect occurs for area-of-effect buffs like Campfires or Heart Lanterns, which will take effect if the player shifts the screen view close enough to them, as well as the Metal Detector. Shifting the view will also shift and update the minimap.
- Holding the Binoculars will affect NPC spawning, increasing spawn range and the safe range. In other words, enemies will spawn further away from you while holding the Binoculars. This effect does not occur when the item is in the inventory without being held and hovering over inventory slots while holding it will cancel this effect, much like Magic Missile type weapons.
- If you stop holding the Binoculars you can sometimes see enemies despawn while the camera moves back to the player.
- The Binoculars are obtainable, but they are not functional. The same applies to the Rifle Scope on the version. This means that the only items that can change the camera's position are the Sniper Rifle and Sniper Scope. Note that the same used to apply for the Mobile version as well, but it is now functional since the 1.3 update.
- On the , the C-stick can be used to change the camera's position, making this item obsolete on the New Nintendo 3DS systems. version
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Binoculars are one of the four items that change the camera's position, the other three being the Sniper Scope, the Rifle Scope, and Sniper Rifle. Out of these, it is the only one not associated with Guns.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.4: Fixed issue where holding binoculars with mouse would still move your camera, making it annoying to move them to chests and the likes.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Fixed bug where zooming with Sniper Scope / Binoculars would go in opposite height direction when in reverse gravity.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.