The Bird is a flying critter. Birds have only 5 health and no defense, and can be damaged by other enemies including the player, which almost always results in their instant death. Its variants are the Gold Bird, Blue Jay and Cardinal.
The normal Bird is white and small (possibly resembling a dove), and resembles the normal bat in size and appearance. They are found on ground level and are as common as a bunny. They often spawn in the morning, and along with the other bird variants, sings when nearby. Much like the Vulture, the Bird remains still until approached, whereupon it will fly away.
The Bird can be caught using the Bug Net to be carried around in the inventory and released later, crafted into a Bird Cage to be placed as an animated furniture item, or crafted into a Bird Statue, although the bird cannot be released once crafted.
The Bird Cage occupies a 6x3 space, and the bird inside may follow one of the following patterns:
- Fly from one side to the other of the cage
- Stop at the center and peck the ground for a while
- Close its eyes and sleep on the right side
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Birds always fly about 20 blocks above the ground.
Tips[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bird's sprite as an item has black legs, whereas as a critter and in a placed Cage they are yellow.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: NPC sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Can now be used to craft Bird Statues.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Birds are now more likely to spawn in mornings. Each type has several songs to sing.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.