The Black Belt is a Hardmode, post-Plantera accessory which has a 8.33% / 12.5% (1/12 / 1/8 ) chance to drop from Bone Lee in the post-Plantera Dungeon. The Black Belt grants a 10% chance to dodge attacks and hazards, such as spikes and lava. A cloud of smoke surrounds the player upon a successful dodge.
- If a player is wearing Turtle Armor, damage reflection will still occur as it normally would, even if the attack is dodged.
- If a player is wearing the Paladin's Shield, incoming damage from teammates can still be dodged.
- A successful dodge does not negate the chance to receive any given attack's associated debuff.
- If the Cross Necklace or Star Veil is equipped and the player dodges an attack, the invincibility period stacks with the Black Belt, providing a total of 2 seconds of invincibility.
- This item is incredibly useful when fighting Dungeon Guardians because the high damage from from their attacks may be completely negated.
- The black belt is used to denote a martial arts trainee with the highest obtainable rank, attained during training.