We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Damage||15 / 30 (54)|
|Max Life||45 / 90 (198)|
|KB Resist||0% / 19|
|Debuff duration||15 seconds / 30 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Decreased light vision|
Black Slimes are a variety of slime that only spawn in the Cavern layer. When a Black Slime attacks, it has a chance to inflict the Darkness debuff, which decreases the radius that light sources will illuminate, making it more difficult to see.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Similar to Mother and Baby Slimes, the Black Slime blends slightly with the background of the Cavern layer, making it difficult to detect. As such, it can often catch players off-guard.
- Despite Black Slimes inflicting the Darkness debuff, they don't drop the Blindfold.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using a Hunter Potion can be used to detect Black Slimes, as the slime will turn red ( 1.2.3) or green () in the dark.
- Using a Night Owl Potion can counter the Darkness debuff Black Slimes inflict.
History[edit | edit source]
- Now carries bonus drops.
- Now drops its own respective banner.
- 1.0.6: Now inflicts the Darkness debuff.
- 1.0.5: Now floats in liquids and doesn't make a splash sound when hitting water.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.
| Slimes |
| Green • Blue ( Spiked ) • Red • Purple • Yellow • Black • Pinky • Mother • Baby|