From Terraria Wiki
|AI Type||Slime AI|
|Damage||15 / 30 (54) (80)|
|Max Life||45 / 90 (198) (296)|
|Defense||4 / 4 (8) (12)|
|KB Resist||0% / 19%|
|Debuff duration||15 seconds / 30 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Decreased light vision|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- (1-2 / 1-3)100%
- 0.01% / 0.014%
- Internal NPC ID: -6
Black Slimes are a variety of slime that only spawn in the Cavern layer. When a Black Slime attacks, it has a chance to inflict the Darkness debuff, which decreases the radius that light sources will illuminate, making it more difficult to see.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Similar to Mother and Baby Slimes, the Black Slime blends slightly with the background of the Cavern layer, making it difficult to detect. As such, it can often catch players off-guard.
- Despite Black Slimes inflicting the Darkness debuff, they don't drop the Blindfold.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using a Hunter Potion can be used to detect Black Slimes, as the slime will turn red in the dark.
- Using a Night Owl Potion can counter the Darkness debuff Black Slimes inflict.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.