|Use time||28 Average|
|Tooltip||Spits an Ichor stream on contact|
|Debuff tooltip||Reduced defense|
- Ichor Splash
The Bladetongue is a Hardmode autoswing sword that has a 0.5% (1 in 200) chance of being caught while fishing in the Crimson. When it strikes an enemy, an Ichor stream is fired on an upwards arch, penetrating and damaging multiple enemies, bouncing against solid blocks, and applying the Ichor debuff.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Similar to The Horseman's Blade, the Bladetongue only creates projectiles when the sword strikes an enemy. This is unlike most other projectile swords, which fire projectiles regardless of whether or not you hit an enemy.
- The Bladetongue fires one ichor stream each time it hits an enemy (with the sword itself). That means if you hit 3 enemies in single swing, 3 spits will shoot.
- The Ichor stream will bounce 3 times and will disappear upon hitting a 4th block. If the stream does not hit any blocks, it will last for approximately 2 seconds.
- The sword itself also inflicts the Ichor debuff, and can be used in conjunction with other weapon imbues.
- The Bladetongue can be seen as the Crimson counterpart to the Corruption's Toxikarp. Both are weapons obtained through fishing in Hardmode in their corresponding biomes.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.