|Use time||27 Average|
|Tooltip||Spits an Ichor stream on contact|
|Debuff duration||3-8 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Reduced defense|
The Bladetongue is a Hardmode autoswing sword that has a 0.5% (1 in 200) chance of being caught while fishing in the Crimson. When it strikes an enemy, an Ichor stream is fired on an upwards arch, penetrating and damaging multiple enemies, bouncing against solid blocks, and applying the Ichor debuff.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Bladetongue fires its ichor projectile only when the sword hits an enemy, unlike most swords with projectiles.
- The Bladetongue fires one ichor stream each time it hits an enemy. That means if you hit 3 enemies in single swing, 3 spits will shoot.
- The Ichor stream will bounce 3 times and will disappear upon hitting a 4th block. If the stream does not hit any blocks, it will last for approximately 2 seconds.
- The sword itself also inflicts the Ichor debuff, and can be used in conjunction with other weapon imbues.
- The Bladetongue can be seen as the Crimson counterpart to the Corruption's Toxikarp. Both are weapons obtained through fishing in Hardmode in their corresponding biomes.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()