|Use time||28 Average|
|Tooltip||Spits an Ichor stream on contact|
|Debuff tooltip||Reduced defense|
|Duration||5–9 seconds (sword)|
3–7 seconds (projectile)
- Ichor Splash
The Bladetongue is a Hardmode autoswinging sword that is obtained by fishing in the Crimson. When it strikes an enemy, an Ichor stream is fired on an upwards arch, penetrating and damaging multiple enemies, bouncing against solid blocks, and applying the Ichor debuff.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Similar to The Horseman's Blade and Bee Keeper, the Bladetongue only creates projectiles when the sword strikes an enemy. This is unlike most other projectile swords, which fire projectiles regardless of whether or not an enemy is hit.
- The Bladetongue fires one Ichor stream each time it hits an enemy (with the sword itself), i.e., hitting 3 enemies in single swing will cause 3 spits to be shot.
- The Ichor stream will bounce 3 times and will disappear upon hitting a 4th block. If the stream does not hit any blocks, it will last for approximately 2 seconds.
- The sword itself also inflicts the Ichor debuff, and can be used in conjunction with other weapon imbues.
- Th Bladetongue is roughly on par with the higher end Hardmode ore swords. The ichor streams are piercing however, and can reduce damage somewhat due to the increased invincibility frames on enemies.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.