|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons a rideable unicorn mount|
The Blessed Apple is a Hardmode mount summoning item. When used, it summons a rideable Unicorn Mount that gives the player an extra jump as well as the ability to sprint and charge through enemies, damaging them in the process. On the Desktop version, the Blessed Apple is dropped by Unicorns with a 1/40 (2.5%) / 1/30 (3.33%) chance. On the Console version and Mobile version, it is dropped by any Hallowed enemy with a 1/200 (0.5%) / 1/150 (0.67%) chance.
Once a high speed is reached, the Unicorn emits a sparkle effect, and from that point on, the Unicorn will be able to damage enemies on contact. The invulnerability is granted for 1/10 second when the player and the Unicorn dash through an enemy, much like the brief invulnerability after taking damage. Dashing through enemies while riding this mount will deal 80 base damage to them, excluding defense. This damage benefits from effects that boost summon damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Its speed reaches 61 mph, according to the Stopwatch. At top speed, it is nearly twice as fast as a player wearing Lightning Boots and is equivalent to the Wisp in a Bottle's top speed. However, the Unicorn Mount can reach up to 80 mph when falling down after having reached max speed.
- A Unicorn does not benefit from the effect of Asphalt Blocks, making players with Lightning Boots travel slightly faster on these blocks (64 mph with boots and 61 mph on a Unicorn). The Unicorn also does not benefit from Swiftness Potions.
- While riding the Unicorn, the player will be damaged by one-block-deep lava, but not given benefits or slowed down by one-block-deep honey.
- While the player is mounted on the Unicorn, they will only take 20% fall damage, though they will not take fall damage if they have any fall damage negating accessories equipped, such as the Lucky Horseshoe or a set of Wings, regardless of the height the player fell while on the Unicorn.
- The Unicorn makes the player five tiles in height, unlike most other mounts, which only raise the height to four tiles.
- All items providing an extra jump, like the Cloud in a Bottle, will stack with the mount, allowing a triple jump. If a Bundle of Balloons is equipped, it is possible to jump 5 times before hitting the ground.
- When using the double jump, the player has a green and yellow sparkling effect in the mount's trail. The color of the particles created by double jumping, as well as charging, are affected by dyes.
- If the player has Water Walking Boots, Obsidian Water Walking Boots, or Lava Waders equipped, then the Unicorn Mount will also walk on water.
- If the Unicorn is mounted during the dash of the Shield of Cthulhu, both the damage from the dash of the Shield and the Unicorn's charge will be dealt to the enemy.
- It can drop from any of the following enemies: Pixie, Light Mummy, Enchanted Sword, Unicorn, Chaos Elemental, Gastropod, Illuminant Bat, Illuminant Slime, Hallow Pigron, Rainbow Slime, and Hallowed Mimic.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Unicorn mount is arguably one of the best pre-Plantera mounts for its damage protection and ability to attack when moving at high speed.
- Both the Unicorn and Basilisk Mount's charge abilities operate the same way Sprinting accessories do in terms of momentum. This means that mounting while sprinting, dashing with the Shield of Cthulhu or Tabi, or moving quickly through the use of a canceled grapple will immediately cause the Unicorn to begin charging, even if the distance covered would normally not be enough to trigger it.
- Using this mount against the Old One's Army can make the event trivial without too much major mechanical boss and post-mechanical-boss progress.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Using any auto-firing weapon such as the Terra Blade, yoyos, or a Minishark, and firing it in the opposite direction the player is walking in will cause the Unicorn to walk "backwards".
- On flat ground, the Unicorn travels at the same speed as an unmodified Terra Blade beam.
- The color of the Unicorn Mount differs from that of the Unicorn. In contrast to this, the achievement Rainbows and Unicorns seems to use the coloration of the enemy.
- The saddle on the mount sprite is the same coloration as the summoning item itself.
- The Unicorn is identical to the Goat Mount.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Changed to drop exclusively from Unicorns and increased drop rate fivefold from 1/200 / 1/150 to 1/40 / 1/30.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Added buff name and tooltip.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.